Is this perimenopause?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need reassurance. I am 9 days late with my period. Well, I bled a little today but I have had period cramps off and on for most of 11 days. I have been having some mucous discharge for 2 days now, some of it  discoloured. Lower back ache. Weak heavy legs. Feel emotional and Anxious. I’m 47 yrs old and haven’t missed a period in years so this is strange. It feels like my period “can’t start properly”. What’s going on? This hormonal backache and cramps is getting me down. 

Is it a menopause symptom or what’s going on??😭😢😢😳

And I struggle with health anxiety so it’s all made worse.  Thanks. 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sure sounds like it. This is how mine started 7 years ago. I'm 47 now. It was just the first of many symptoms to come....blisters in my mouth, rashes, heart palpitations. I get so sick around my monthly that I dream of gross things and wake up nauseated. Hang in there. Your not alone. Its a wild not so great ride. Try not to get depressed. That's the worst part.

• Posted

Yes, hon...it's peri. Shenanigans and malarkey. Read through similar threads on this forum for support and advice, you're not alone. ..and you're not ill.

Hugs!!

• Posted

Yes! I just had my cycle...15 days late! I keep track on an app just so I know what's going on. I'm 45 and started with these what I know now to be perimenopausal symptoms. I had hellish left breast pain (never just had the left breast hurt) so I started looking around. Lucky for me I found this forum to help calm my nerves, you are not alone! Keep reading the discussions on here it will really be a support for you! Good Luck! 😊

• Posted

Hi!! I’m  52  and I have been having the samethong happen to me on and off for the past couple years. I also get lower back ache and my hips hurt as well as health anxiety!! Try not to worry!  Your mot alone!! I believe this is all peri related!! Xo
  • Posted

Thanks so much. I felt reassured hearing from you about your experiences. I feel depressed and not ready for this but ready or not... here we go! 
    • Posted

Thank goodness for this forum !! Feels good to know we aren’t alone! Have a nice day!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.