Is this Pilonidal sinus or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Hope I post in the right place...

(Pictures)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xqfeyqviv26h09/79308007_456553608333211_1535580902879395840_n.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl0fxwpwwa2rtt6/79107815_556636441834155_5880687737287213056_n.jpg?dl=0

If anyone could help me it would be great. I have been to the doctors for this and they told me it was pilonidal sinus and that the only solution for this is surgery and it’s not 100% guaranteed that the problem will go away (Chance of it coming back).

I am getting these spots/holes every week in the same area. The red spot/lump is on my right bum cheek right at the top where my ass crack starts (sorry for the language). It happens every week and it is always bursting with blood and blood clots.

Then I have 3 holes on my ass crack near the top which is always giving out sticky pus and blood. I don’t know If it is related but my lower back is hurting very badly and so are my muscles in general. Can someone tell me exactly what it is and tell me some solution for this other than surgery. I would do surgery but the doctor says it’s not 100% guaranteed solution as they can always come back therefore I am looking for some other solution like maybe some anti-biotic or cream etc.

Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes, thats definitely a pilonidal sinus/cyst.Its caused by a sort of tunnel under the skin which fills up with debris and hair. Then infection sets in. Sounds horrible but they are quite common.

If they become infected they need treating with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. If they keep recurring then surgery of some description is usually offered. The least invasive is endoscopic surgery where a slim tube is inserted into the sinus and all the debris and hair etc is scraped away.

i dont know where you are in the world but that may be worth asking about. At least have a chat to a surgeon to find out your options. He/she will examine you and tell you the best option for you. Then make your mind up.The recovery is usually about 6 weeks off work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.