is this possible to all be down to shingles.i go through weeks where i cant exerciseand feel yucky

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had what was described to me as a "severe case "of shingles ive never spoke to anyone properly about this due to covid etc.ive been on sites and seen pictures of someone with a rash and saying they felt terrible for a fortnight. when i had ! shingles the rash i got started on the right hand side of my back in less than 8 days (thats when i was able to see a doctor)(this happened at the start of covid lockdown)(i suffer from severe anxiety have done all my life from being a child)the rash/blisters had spread round my torso up my back down to my groin area up to my belly button up the right hand side of my ribs and split like a y shape either side of my right armpit .now 2 and a bit years later i still frequently get bouts of the horrible yucky feeling i had when i had the rash to the point of feeling sick .i can get 2 weeks of trying to exercise then just feel completely drained and need to lie down all the time .i feel extremely sick on days where it isnt even that hot (pre shingles id be working out 5/7 days a week /outside doing long walks on my own all day in the sun im only 48)i feel randomly really sore where the worst of the rash was (which im told shouldnt happen)(i was extremely careful during the 8 or 9 weeks where i had blisters and was on the antiviral tablets)i have very little scarring but can sometimes feel like my back is being snapped . my physical health is a shambles going from someone extremely fit to what i feel like now. i have been told i have i.b.s. but i think this is wrong as the tablets for that make no difference to the pain im in when this happens (this may be irrelevant) is there anyone else who has felt the same or simmilar to this as i dont know where to turn or what to do and i may be being a bit hopeful but i dont think there should be nothing i can do to get my body back to some kind of better ! im just hoping theres someone who i can relate to here thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sorry can i add to save any time i have had checks for any other things that may have caused these problems auto immune dissorders .hepatitas etc. any blood disorders i have none i am allegedly fine apart from the i.b.s diagnosis which like i said previously i think is wrong and is shingles related

• Posted

I did not know I had shingles probably for about a month.

Started having extreme joint and muscle pain after walking for about an 1 1/2 hours each time I had to use ice packs and heat at night. felt so bad went and got blood test to take to my doctor. Doctor then diagnosed the shingles but I had very few blisters. Red spots were on upper right quadrant of my back but pain also extended to my waste and whole body aches as well as headaches. Doctor gave me antiviral medicine and steroid creams . Did not use the cream because I had no blistering. I think maybe shingles are internal . Forgot to mention I had one dose of Shingrix shot

that didn't help. also blood test showed alkaline phosphatase that was extremely high. I think it is from the shingles and I would like someone to confirm it but I see no post to date. Doctor wants all these test but I think it's from shingles . I have been very healthy lots of exercise and vitamins and supplements.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.