Is this really anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi over the last year I have been suffering really bad with anxiety and depression.. after a lot of visits to different therapists and a few to my doctors I managed to get to the reason I was suffering so badly... since then I have managed to sleep better though not great and I don't get the headaches.... what's worrying me is I have now started to get heart palpitations a lot and I have episodes where I feel I can't breathe.. I have had ecg and am due to have a 24 hour holter fitted .. I have read this all could be health anxiety but how can I have this when my general anxiety has gone?.... can I ever get rid of this or is it something I'm going to have in various forms for the rest of my life?how bad can health anxiety get ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Terry,

I see you are doing the right thing by getting help and reaching out. Eat a balance meal, exercise, think positive, meditation and therapy can help. Best wishes to you Terry!

• Posted

I think it's important to have any new symptoms checked out. It's easy for doctors to put everything down to stress or anxiety especially when a patient has history of being anxious but anxious people get sick too like everyone else so it's important to get checked out and make sure it's not your heart, thyroid, low iron and all the other things that can cause palpitations.

And then if you get the all clear you will know it's a symptom of anxiety disorder. You prob need to join a support group or have talk therapy to help you deal with that.

I always think I'm fine and convince myself my anxiety is gone but it's always there ready to surface and I think I'm just constantly tense too even when I think I'm not or trying hard not to be.

But I read recently that people who are always anxious (even when they appear perfectly calm) release constant adrenaline and that's where the physical symptoms come from like I always have knots and pain in my muscles for example

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.