Is this Rosacea?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had an ongoing problem with facial redness and burning sensation mainly on my checks, chin and nose as if I'm being sun burnt, I've broke out in spots and have a lot of congestion. I've also noticed my skin way more oily than usual but yet it flakes as though it is dry !

Should I go to the doctor with this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy. It sounds like Roseacea but it's probably a good idea to see a dermatologist for confirmation and to discuss treatment options. In my experience, sooner rather than later. 
    • Posted

The only thing is that I am worried they are going to say I'm too young since I'm only 19 Thank you for your advice, it's much appreciated smile
  • Posted

I got Rosecea in my 20's but through ignorance on my part, wasn't diagnosed till my 40's. I was on long term meds initially which helped. Eventually, I found laser worked very well and to date, have had 3 courses. I also had laser to remove some lumps.  I recently tried Mirvaso but wouldn't recommend it as I had a bad reaction. Currently, I am using Dermae wash, serum and moisturiser but will be seeing a dermatologist soon re more laser.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.