Is this scabies?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I been noticing that my knee cap has been itchy on and off one night I get home to take a shower and I notice there's this singular raised red and bumpy line on my leg. this is the only one on my body it is not super itchy but only occasionally. does this look like scabies?image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Those are the types of scratches we get. I'd say put a topical on that right away..that is the egg laying you are seeing. Clove, permethrin, oil of oregano, lemon, rosemary..all things I'd suggest to get those taken out. Don't let them take a foot hold.

• Posted

P.S. with our scabies, we really didn't have much itchiness. There is a type called crusted (Norwegian) scabies that isn't too itchy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.