Is this scabies

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had scabies from last summer up until Christmas time after multiple topical cream treatments eventually all of the marks cleared up besides one bump still left on my foreskin. This was not itchy so I presumed it was something else but in the past couple of days I’ve started to notice I’m slightly itchy again and this bump has become itchy. I am unsure is this the early stage of scabies or am I just being paranoid (note over the past week it has become extremely hot weather wise so I’m wondering may this be an issue/trigger)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps just treat yourself to be sure..

Make sure u follow all the requirements for sheets and bedding, carpet vacuum seal and dispose of vacuum bag. clean house ever whear.

It's worth noting that u can become reinfected and people that have already had scabies before usually have symptoms earlier.

Also once a female scabie mite is mated and fertile they stay fertile for the rest of their life..can be up to afew months..

Also u only need 1 scabie mite (male or female )that has not yet mated to sit around waring for a companion to repopulate and infest you again.

The dots u get that are in a line etc with dots are usually the female ones coming along laying eggs or defecating under your skin.

So a male may be on its own . 1 bump or afew bumps with faeces of them defecating under skin, and what other males then have not been able to mate if there are no females .

They also can get very itchy with heat as this irritates them and it is suggested that at certain temperatures very very high it can kill them.

• Posted

Perhaps just treat yourself to be sure..

Make sure u follow all the requirements for sheets and bedding, carpet vacuum seal and dispose of vacuum bag. clean house ever whear.

It's worth noting that u can become reinfected and people that have already had scabies before usually have symptoms earlier.

Also once a female scabie mite is mated and fertile they stay fertile for the rest of their life..can be up to afew months..

Also u only need 1 scabie mite (male or female )that has not yet mated to sit around waring for a companion to repopulate and infest you again.

The dots u get that are in a line etc with dots are usually the female ones coming along laying eggs or defecating under your skin.

So a male may be on its own . 1 bump or afew bumps with faeces of them defecating under skin, and what other males then have not been able to mate if there are no females .

They also can get very itchy with heat as this irritates them and it is suggested that at certain temperatures very very high it can kill them.

• Posted

Also treat yourself ever whear. Not in eyes or in mouth.

But top of head to bottom of feet..

Under nails..

Ears.. (not inside ear drums).

These little b******s go everwhear.

Also the treatment used..

Look up (((ovicides))), NOT ALL SCABIE TREATMENT KILL ALL THE EGGS..

SO U CAN HAVE MORE OF THEM HATCHING..INFESTING YOU AGAIN.

Make sure u treat your scalp they do go their..

And it's a safe haven for them when people don't treat their..

• Posted

Try something simple like coconut oil over it because they suffocate. That way you dont go to any extreme and you also find out because they will come out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.