IS THIS SCABIES?? Plzzz help

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I got some dots like pimples on my legs and wrist area and a one on my belly and my feet and was told by a doctor it was scabbard but he didn’t even look at it and concluded it was scabbies. I put on the cream he gave me. I wasn’t really scratching that much for it to be a problem.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It’s been a few days since the cream but it’s still itching and the bumps haven’t gone down at all.
  • Posted

Yes, I looked at the pictures.  It looks like scabies to me.  
    • Posted

I have fake nails should I take them off or should I just use the cream under my nails and not take off the acrylic nails?
    • Posted

Hi thank you so much before I got the 5 percent cream, I didn’t really experience any itching but a few days after applying the cream I’m itching everywhere and it’s keeping up all night right now I was wondering is it beacause of the cream or should I apply the cream again. Thank u it would mean alot and I’m awake and worried 
  • Posted

Generally, you apply the 5% cream from head to toe and leave it on for at least 12 hours (and do the same for any family members who also live with you).  Make sure you clean around and under your nails with bleach.   You must wash your sheets and bedding in ultra hot water and dry them in a hot dryer.  If you look around you will see a whole cleaning regimen that most people follow to get rid of these dang parasites, including washing your clothes and bagging what can't be washed for weeks.  Be aware that they don't go away overnight - it may take weeks or longer.  Some (like myself) only got cured when they took oral ivermectin and paired that with a topical mixture of tea tree oil and olive oil that was applied every 12 hours.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

• Posted

Only difference between normal and Norwegian scabies is the number of the buggers.  If it were Norwegian scabies, you would be dealing with hundreds (and a corresponding number of sores).  Normal scabies mostly have 15 to 20 scabies at one time.  So, don't think the problem is worse than it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.