Is this scabies? What should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So like 10 days ago i went to the park and lied on the grass with my skin contacting the grass directly and after that I had intense itching. I thought it was just my skin ( i have sensitive skin) reacting to the grass but after a week it still hasnt gone away and it keeps itching like insane

My partner then suggested i might have had scabies he bought me the 5% permethrin cream

I applied it 2 days ago, yesterday i found the rash spread to my calf bit (before it was just near my right bum and the back of my right leg) 

Today the old rash also spread out a bit and the bit near my bum spreads to near my vagina

Im panicking right now as the idea of scabies just seems horrifying to me and it seems like the first treatment isnt working very well

I find the hoehin flower embrocation soothes the itch very well but beside that the rash isnt looking any better

Still im unsure if its scabies or just my skin reacting to stuff ( again i have very sensitive skin, and i have had contact dermatitis due to wearing plasters before)

Please anyone tells me if this looks like scabies and if it is what do i do? Is it spreading cause the cream didnt work or cause “they are just dying” (my partners theory)

Thanks a lot!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

here are the photos i took of the rash, the smallest rash photo is the new rash after the treatment
  • Posted

Hey I've had scabies before an I didn't know till weeks later when it started popping up 1 bump at a time like one on my butt cheek then a couple on my thigh or stomach. Then over 2 months it spead everywhere on my body. (worst s**t I've ever had to deal with)

But I think what you got were Red bugs (Chiggers ) there itchy as hell too. And they live on bushes and grass, you probably picked some up from sitting in the grass, they can take up-to 3 weeks to heal that itchy rash, but there mites too but they don't reproduce or live under your skin like scabies do. Hope this helps you out!

• Posted

Hi.

If it is Scabies,your partner or whoever lives with you will be itchy within 6 weeks too

Even if you used Permethrin cream,tou must wash everything at 50 degrees or more at same time.Your partner must use cream at same time too. This must be repeated week later

But would no say it looks deffo scabies. But would not say it doesn't either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.