Is this sciatica

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just been to a and e cos my leg is so painful really sharp going up leg I've been in tears taking regular pain killers nothing touching it. Got no pain in back. The physio touched my back and it hurt.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What did a&e do? 

I’m 6 months in now have a diagnosis of disc protrusion l4/l5 have hideous nerve pain taking gabapentin but it doesn’t work - and I was meant to have spinal injections to block nerve pain but found out I was pregnant so now unable to have anything done and been told to suffer another 6 months I feel your pain but you have options 

• Posted

No one is helping Natalie. I've been in tears for days didn't do anything in a and e asked about a injection to help with pain refused.

• Posted

It’s awful you have my sympathy you really do I was the same and ended up paying privately for MRI and to see a spinal consultant- go to Your gp and demand a scan! I’m also now seeing a chiropractor and will try accupuncture  too I’m limited due to pregnancy but there’s loads you can try 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.