Is this shingles? Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

About a month ago, I woke up to these bumps on the side of my hip. A few days prior, i had an itchy back and buttocks. The day these bumps appeared my groin lymph node was swollen. The bumps were itchy and tender to touch and my buttock was achy when i pressed down on it.

Does this look like your outbreaks? i had chicken pox as a kid. i would appreciate anyones help thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Indiana!

Are the lesions on your groin the same side as your hip lesions, and your itchy back and buttocks? May I ask your age? Are you under stress? Are you immunocompromised?

Have you had a headache, fatigue and exhaustion, aches and pains, chills and sweating?

I am a retired Nurse Practitioner in the States.

Best Regards

Merry Juliana

• Edited

Hey Merry,

i didnt have any groin lesions that i know of just swollen groin lymph on the same side of my hip lesions. The itchy buttock is on the same side of these hip lesions however i get itchy on the other side of my stomach sometimes. Im in my early 30s, under a lot of stress, and yes i felt fatigued and exhausted. Aches only when i pressed down on my buttocks. i tested negative for hsv with a pcr swab but maybe there wasnt enough fluid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.