Is this site against Vitamins, Herbs, or Alternative Meds?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've got a question I can't seem to find an answer to. Is this site against vitamins, herbs or in general alternative medicine? I've been suffering for over 20yrs & used western meds and alternative meds & posted what's helped me. I've had my posts deleted by moderators. I am just taking a  guess here that my posts were deleted by a Site Moderator were due to my posting on an English (British...not accepting of Herbs or vitamins or Alternative meds) web site. Or is it because I'm in the USA? Or is it just this site area/s moderator? I think it's certainly not helpful or useful in any way, to keep people from what has and what has not worked. All that does is make them suffer more.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Posts only get deleted if they break forum rules. Have a read. You cannot post links I know. Other people have recommended complementary medicines and it come out fine. It might be the way you are wording it?
    • Posted

leeniepie, I have broken no rules that I am aware of. I try hard not to do anything like that as I try to post on a number of sites to try and help others that are having similar problems and to hopefully find some solutions for myself. I do not post any links. As to how I'm wording things, well that is always a vague possibility, as I'm not sure what you mean specifically. I try to post info on what I've done, what's worked and what's not worked and those things seem to be OK, as well as the names of specific herbs and vitamins on USA message boards that talk about IBS and IBS with back pain. So at this point I have to wonder what the moderator's point was or why he/she has to gain by deleting my posts as there was no links & no way I could have any financial gain or personal gain of any kind. I'm at a total loss.

• Posted

I honestly don't know if any of mine were deleted, but I have been saying, and will continue to say, try Triphala.  It is an herbal capsule, that has cured me, I truly believe it.  I have felt just wonderful since I began taking it daily, have had zero attacks, and am going to the bathroom regularly and well.  It is wonderful, and worth anyone to try it.

• Posted

Is triphala for IBS-D or IBS-C? What does it do to help?
    • Posted

Think I'll give this one a go, sounds pretty good. I prefer the more "natural" fixes if possible, a change in diet has helped me a great deal, but I still have the occasional toilet problem.

• Posted

Question...did you take this for IBS C? I just looked it up and from what I've read online it looks like it would increase IBS D but might be good for IBS C. Glad it helped you, but for me it would create the opposite effect I'm looking for.

• Posted

Yes, I had IBS C, but Triphala is supposed to just help your whole digestive system work better, so I don't know.  All I know is it helped me so very much.

• Posted

You can use the private messaging system to get around your post not being accepted.
  • Posted

I personally have no problems with herbal medicine but it may be that all those are moderated because they're not officially seen as approved as suitable for ibs because they're not doctor prescribed. It's like trying to get an alternative for antidepressants that are not chemical and have horrendous side effects.  I was told st.  John's Wort,  nothing else.  It drives me mad too  - what have you tried incidentally?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.