Is this sjogrens

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, ive been having symptoms that might be sjogrens?? I have pain in my arms and legs that sometimes feel muscular and other times bone? Sometimes my upper arms near the shoulders feel like theyre burning and feel warm to touch but theres no redness. And sometimes i get pain in the actual shoulders but usually only one hurts at a time. My arms feel tired easily when i lift them after a short time. I noticed when i put my arms out and move just my hands up and down, the arm muscles move? It doesnt look right, it looks like something moving under the skin. My forearms feel like jelly when i touch them. I also have hand wrist and finger pain on and off ....and pain in toes, front of ankles and feet. My thighs feel like theyre burning when im laying down and pain in back of thighs when walking, usually only one hurts then itll be the other side later. And legs feel heavy while im walking. Recently ive been wakung up with sore arms and legs. And i have what i believe to be vaginal dryness. I still get moisture down there but lately during last couple times during intercourse, there seems to be friction towards the end, like i dried out? Ive never had this issue before..I also have dry eyes for almost 2 years. I had my eyes checked a month ago and i was told i have dry eyes but theyre not severe..all these symptoms except the eyes started after giving birth several months ago. I recently read an article about autoimmune diseases being brought on by giving birth...theres nit much information on this but i guess some research shows a connection..has anyone heard of this or had onset of symptoms after having a baby??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

We spoke elsewhere. I think the vaginal dryness and dry eyes are symptomatic of Sjogren's. The other symptoms are, I feel, symptomatic of many ai disorders. They all have these overlapping symptoms. I would ask for a referral to someone who knows how to assess Sjogren's possibly a rheumatologist.

Can't answer your question about it getting worse after pregnancy but can say many ai sufferers go into remission during pregnancy for reasons I can't explain.

Some of the pain you describe sounds like arthralgia which I get. It is joint pain which mimics rheumatoid arthritis but is generally not destructive of the joints.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.