Is this skin cancer?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve had a singular red bump on the front/side of my hip. I assumed it was a mosquito bite or something but it has been there for roughly 2 months now. It itches very occasionally, and is the size of a pebble. Nothing around it, occasionally red if I scratch it. Could it be skin cancer? I am 18 M

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Mosquito bites can last a long time , last summer in Portorico I got covered in mosquito bites unlike other mosquitoes they lasted until January looking like fresh bites raised and itching for 6 months ,and then started to dry eventually.
  • Posted

Appreciate your responses. Hasn’t shrunk at all, hasn’t grown though. I’ll get it checked it if it develops into anything further. The chances of it being serious are obviously slim, just never seen a bite last more than a week or so

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.