Is this still IBS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi!

I was diagnosed with IBS due to bloating & wind and swinging between loose bowels & constipation a few years ago

4 months ago in November I started getting these episodes which are a lot lot worse, that start with nausea & stomach ache, then diarreah would start along with the most cripppling stomach cramps I've ever had, I'm on the loo for about 6-12 hours straight each time with yellow liquid diarreah flooding out of me & vomiting into a bucket as I can't get off the loo along with awful sulphur gas coming out of my mouth, bum bleeding due to the non stop diarreah. Then 12-24 hours later it all stops and everything goes back to normal (normal for me being bloating & wind swinging between loose bowels & constipation, but manageable). I have had between 1 and 3 of these horrible episodes a month since November, at first I thought I was getting frequent stomach bugs or food poisoning but it's not that. End of Nov they checked my stools and no virus, bacteria or parasite, just been back to doctors today as I'm getting fed up of these episodes as they render me completely helpless and often I can't work or even look after my little boy as i'm literally stuck on the loo all day groaning in pain. He had a listen to my tummy and said it's pretty severe IBS and gave me IBS meds so hopefully they will help

Do these episodes sound like IBS still? I had gotton used to my IBS being a constant annoying thing but these are something else! I can't figure out what's triggering them either there seems to be no common trigger & I'm not stressed. Just wanted a bit of insight from others I guess Xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Honestly ibs shouldn't cause any bleeding... I think you should probably go to the doctor to have yourself checked out (blood tests, maybe stool tests)... or if you've never had a colonoscopy that would probably be a good idea to get since your symptoms have changed.
    • Posted

thanks I will go back to docs again if the meds he's given me don't help, stool test was neg, the bleeding is only mild & not internal, just from where the diarreah is so acidic & constant it damages my poor bum. My insides just seem very angry about something!
    • Posted

Ohh I understand. I thought you meant the blood was internal. Then, yes it could be just ibs but to be on the safe side try to have it checked. Do you keep a diet?
    • Posted

nopes I eat pretty healthily but I eat a lot as I have a fast metabolism and drop weight easily, home cooked meals etc. I'm gonna get back on the probiotics
    • Posted

You should. I'm taking vsl3 every morning. ..hopefully it helps me soon. (I suffer more from frequency than watery D...my stools are always formed) and I get pain around my belly button. /: but yes if the probiotics helped in the past then start them again!
  • Posted

Hi,

Has anything changed in your life? It could just be something simple. But insist on having a second opinion at your hospital if only for your own piece of mind, that is something I would do..ask if it could be ulcerative colitis or something similiar... Do you suffer from any other illnesses.

• Posted

thanks for your advice, I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow as another episode started during the night and although the IBS meds the doc gave me have made it less, erm explosive lol they aren't really helping. I'm not sure it is IBS and I'm going to push for further investigation xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.