Is this SVT?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had some episodes of palpitations and 'funny turns' over the last 18 months. Had echo, ecg, tilt table test, and stress echo.and 7 day holder All was mostly fine for my age (58). Apart from a few ectopic beats and faster heart rates. Cardiologists has said possible SVT and I am now on low dose of bisoporol 1.25 twice a day. Have been discharged from cardiology. I have recently got a fitness tracker that also tracks my heart rate and I have been taking screen shots some days when it seems to vary a lot. Does this look like SVT or so heart rates vary this much throughout the day. The raised heart rates do not relate to any exercise. I feel this is happening more often now but maybe I am just more aware of it. Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I was trying to add the screen shot of the heart rate but can't seem

To do it. Any ideas how I can add a picture ? My heart rate varies between 55 and 132 over a 12 hour period.

• Posted

Hi. This is too important. Can I suggest you consult with your doctor first. Rgds. Bob
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply. I fear the doctors think I am just anxious.i have had 7 day Holter monitor which they said possibly SVT. I wonder how accurate these fitness trackers are. I will se my gp next week  and show her. 
  • Posted

The shot that says 132 bpm, but why does it also show 65 bpm ?
    • Posted

65 seems to be resting heart rate. It liked to 132 for no reason 
  • Posted

I had missed heartbeats and runs of svt for many years until I had an attack of 197 beats a minute in February, now on bisoprolol 1.25.  I had to be put back into rhythm with adenisone, until then it wasn't,t taken seriously.    As I,vet got older, I,m 70 now,   It got worse and affected my life a lot, I worked and brought up 3 children.  I never took it that seriously, I just thought I was a highly anxious person, I had seen my go and attended a and e 18 months ago, still no follow up by the medical profession, I just learnt to live with it.  The bisoprolol does control it to some degree, I,m waiting to go to Barts hospital, still waiting for an appointment 3 months later.

• Posted

Funny thing about SVT is they have to capture it while it's happening on an ecg. For me my heart will begin raising out of nowhere 170 to 200beats a min. I feel light headed, out of breath, and I begin to sweat bad. It used to last about an hour but then moved up to 4hours sending me to emergency room. They give adenosine (which no one wants )or cardizem to stop it. I'm 44and dealt with this for the past 10years. Afraid to do things that have set it off in the past. 3days ago I got the ablation. My heart hurts and my heart rate is very unsteady. Not sure what to think right now. I pray you don't have it and hopefully they find what it is because not knowing can drive you crazy. Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.