Is this terrible pain Costo?

Posted , 4 users are following.

A week ago I started having pain in the very bottom part of my sternum...that little part that’s shaped like a tongue.... it causes constant throbbing pain that gets worse when pressed on. I went to ER today to rule out a heart attack. Ibuprofen seems to help but the pain comes back as soon as the Ibuprofen stops working...can this be Costo pain too??? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes Dede1212, I think so. I have Costo and that is exactly where my pain is often located. Sometimes in left ribs too but the sternum is usually affected, and it's the bottom part, which causes stomach upset as well. I'm getting some good results from Curcumin but it has to be a high quality product and a high dose, it takes time but it has greatly helped my stomach problems and is lessening the pain as well. Of course everyone reacts a bit differently to things so I don't know how it would work for others. Anyway, yes I definitely think your pain is from Costo.

• Posted

My Cardiologist diagnosed Tieztze syndrome as the cause of my chest pain so I was relieved it was not cardiac following my two stents in January in a 99% blocked right coronary artery.  He has referred me for steroid injections to help with the inflammation of the rib cage which causes the actual pain.  I am not looking forward to that at all!  I do not like using paracetamol but it does help when I do take it but as soon as the effect wears off the pain returns and stays there, like wearing a bra that is way too tight, and I have had this for six months already.  I have no idea how long I will wait for my appointment with the Pain Relief Clinic, just have to be a patient patient and trust that my Cardiologist (who has now discharged me) put it was fairly urgent! The difference between costochondritis and Tieztze syndrome is that in the latter there is swelling whereas none in costo.   My MRI confirmed this. Good luck with getting the right treatment! 

• Posted

Hi my doctor said he wouldn't do cortisone in my chest as to painful but I did have one in shoulder ,the tiezte has lasted months since my fall in jan .I have been taking tramadol that is all that helped and suppositorys when the pain was to much .I lost 1.5 stone in that time as it made me sick etc and stayed in bed for weeks ,it has eased now ,but I have to watch what I do ,and be careful ,I also rub gel into chest for pain still .good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.