Is this the correct way? Any tips would be great..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Have been on the blues now since a week past Tuesday. Doc gave me them as i have been at WW since January and stuck at 32 pounds off. Am over 18 stone so need to lose a lot more.

First weigh in on Monday night was a 1.5 pound loss. I feel better in the last 10 days, have never eaten so well or stuck so rigidly to the healthy eating plan, but just wondered if anyone could check I am doing it correctly? Am going to bed hungry every night and not \"cheating\" at all - too frightened of the results.In terms of WW and points I am not eating enough of my points - saving 3 at least a day.According to my scales today i have not changed weight all week.

Average day is as follows

Breakfast

2 weetabix, 1/4 pint semi skimmed milk, teaspoon light sugar = 3gr

Lunch

WW Chilled Vegetarian Pasta Dish and WW LF rice pud = 2.6gr

WW low fat biscuit = 2.7gr

Dinner

1 x fishcake, 100gr rice, & steamed veg =9gr

1 x lf yoghurt = 1gr

1 x snackbar = 2.5gr

Snacks over the day

3 x satsumas, 100g grapes = 1gr

Total 22gr

Have been averaging between 20 and 30gr of fat each day and varying the meals as much as i possibly can.

The weather has been so rubbish i have not been out walking like i would have wanted, only managed one x 4 mile walk in between. But am parking my car as far away from office as possible etc just to get a little bit each day!

Any tips from anyone - is there something else I could be doing?

Many thanks for your help

Sx smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharpar,

What you are eating looks fine to me.

Just make sure you are drinking plenty smile

Keep up the hard work and you will get there.

Moo x

• Posted

I didn't get any advice from the doctor other that to excercise more!! I have picked up tips from this site and have decided to follow a low fat diet which is less than 5% fat (5 grams of fat per 100 grams) also counting calories making sure I don't exceed 1500 per day. This is similar to the Rosemary Conley diet. I also joined a gym yesterday so will be doing more excerxcise (swimming).

The signs look promising although I only started last Monday and will weigh in officially at the doctors once a month.

The way I see it if you put more calories in your body than it needs then the weight won't come off and the fat issue doesn't make any difference. On the other hand if a low fat low calorie controlled diet is followed then science says that weight loss will be achieved.

I look at the pills as a strong deterant which stops me from falling off the wagon as I don't want the awful side effects. The last thing I want is to be taken short at work it doesn't bare thinking about!!!

Good luck and don't get disheartened.... remember the science smile

• Posted

Hi Sharpar,

I would say after looking at what you eat you are probably not eating enough for each meal.

I have been on the blues for five months now and lost four stone 5 pounds. I am following the low fat plan of nothing over 5g fat and sugar per 100g. At the beginning this involved a lot of reading labels but now I know what not to eat.

My average day is;

Breakfast;

2 weetabix, soya milk and two slices of wholelmeal bread with extra light flora and vegemite

Lunch;

1 box of salad with a dollop of low fat cottage cheese, quorn meat sandwich with extra low fat mayo, packet of ww crisps and yoghurt or fruit

Dinner;

Tuna pasta and low fat garlic bread, yoghurt or fruit. Or Jacket, salad, quorn peppered steak,

I snack on fruit in between but due to the size of the meals I am not ususally hungry in between. I also have a pint of water with each meal to help fill me up.

One thing I have found is that a lot of weight watchers foods will be low in fat but high in sugar.

I also do aerobics and aqua fit each week which also helps.

Keep going, it is very hard, I just aim for losing one to two pound a week now.

Sasx

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies.

I think from reading lots of the posts on here that I should try to eat a bit more grams of fat at breakfast/lunch (Sasx I think you said this as well?).

Have my weekly weigh in at WW tomorrow night and feel much better, but the scales have not shifted all week.

Going to look into what classes/swimming is on in the area so I can try to do some exercise as well.

Thanks again

Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.