Is this the Perimenopause can anyone help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had my period this month normally heavy this month hardly anything for 6 days came off my period. 1 week later very very light period again for one day and now nothing is this what happens i just feel rubbish my joints are really hurting knees and ankles and last night went out and i was burning up . Does all this sound normal xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hw old are you TT?
    • Posted

Then , yes TT it can be perimenopause. Ther should always be a thourough assessment because it can also be thyroids issues or fibroids, or... so a visit to the gynecologist + an ultrasound + a pap smear to see if everything's okay i the ovaries and uterus. 

As for the joint pains they are very common in perimenopause but they can also be related with thyroid dysfuntion and a few more things. 

If I were you  wink I would take Vitex (herbal) for 6 months to see if things get back to normal.

X Teresa

• Posted

Ther should always be a thorough....
  • Posted

Sounds like the beginning of perimenopause welcome to the club. How old are you 

just hang in there when you go through your issues

• Posted

'Normal' - yep in Peri, maybe/more than likely.

You don't say if you've other health issues/any other specific symptoms.

I see where TeresaJS is coming from re: thyroid function.

Maybe if you make a note about any other symptoms you've had your GP may be able to rule out anything major.

Sounds like good ol Peri. Welcome to this 'Members Only' club:-)I'd say the best good place to start in this long, cr*ppy journey is to get yourself 'informed' about what to expect. You'll be amazed at the list of symptoms that can be attributed to this 'event' in our lives!!!

A good read on this site re 'Female Hormones', 'Perimenopausal/Menopausal Symptoms' is a great start. You've got to know how you 'work' before you understand if something's going wrong!

But best of all have a good trawl through these conversation threads. You'll talk about things you'd not discuss with your nearest and dearest! (unless you're like me: I'd talk to anyone about anything, I'm not proud:-) !)

Maybe some Vit D/Calcium might be a start for you re: aching joints.

Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.