Is this the shingles rash?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hate posting here but getting an appointment with a GP right now is ... not easy.

i have suffered from many bouts of shingles throughout my adult life.

ive been feeling rough for weeks, tired, terrible headaches. I came out in the worlds biggest coldsore over Christmas and didnt think much of it as ive been really stressed lately. Didnt feel the usual relief that comes after an outbreak.

long story short my husband pointed out a spot that just isnt healing on my trunk in the area i always have my shingles outbreaks, it has been itching like hell and i was at the GP 6 weeks ago complaining of an intense ache in that area that she put down to muscular.

didnt even consider it might be shingles as its just one insanely sore & itchy blister. usually i get a cluster.

i have attached a most unflattering photo! whatever it is looks like its popped!

Thanks for looking. Even if it is it's too late for any anti-virals now anyway. image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i would say yes based on your description i dont think the size matters as much as the symptoms and the symptoms are the same i would get on an antiviral asap it all seems to fit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.