Is this thrush or herpes im scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

imageso i had an abortion in february but after the bleeding stopped it was kinda itchy. i had an std test and a hiv test and it was fine i had nothing. every time i have my period the itching goes but it comes back when my period is done. i used canesten pessary and clotrimazole but didnt work. currently doing salt water soaks which is actually helping. obviously i have been scratching so its kinda irritated. am i overthinking? is this just thrush?!

u can see a cut on my vulva i dont know if its from the scratching or if i cut myself from shavinf please help me

last time I had sex was in december. itching only really started in march tbh

my discharge is like normal i guess i mean sometimes it feels cottage cheese like. the itching isnt severe im fine and have been since the salt water soaks. is it irritated because of the scratching

the picture is upside down by the way. the vulva is the top part of the picture

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

if cut doesnt start to heal within a week go to doctors. sometimes thrush pessaries dont always work or you may be resistant. have u had thrush before / do u think u may have recurrinng thrush?

• Posted

I had BV back in october which cleared up but the thrush symptoms appeared like a month and a half ago i think? didnt notice the tiny cut til yesterday. i guess thays what is making it burn when i pee. no smell on the discharge. the cut only burns when i pee really im so scared tho

• Posted

and does your discharge smell at all? also does the cut hurt when touched etc.

• Posted

if its in sync with your periods i doubt it would be due to herpes? how long has this been going on

• Posted

it doesnt really look like a herpes cut. ive had cuts from yeast infections etc and they burn when you pee. did you have smelly discharge with your bv? if youve been scratching etc and been having this itchiness for over a month without cuts etc i dont think it is likely its herpes. id say put sudocrem on the cut etc see if it starts healing. it could be possible the thrush treatment just didnt clear your bout of thrush. when did you take the treatment and did symptoms ease of at all or a little bit?

• Posted

i really appreciate you replying, ive had sleepless nights over this, just waitinf for the doctors to give me results. so basically i had my period from the 3rd to the 8th and i took the thrush medicine a week before that, didnt help at all, the cream irritated the cut. yeah there was a fishy smell when i had bv. its weird cus it went away when i got pregnant?? i mean the last time i had unprotected sex was mid december. surely if it was herpes i would have got blisters now right? i think im freaking out cus i read somewhere that a symptom of herpes is a fever and swollen lymph nodes and i did have that about a month ago. im not sure when the cut happened but assuming its been there for a while though since it burns to pee, also how long did ur cut take to go?

• Edited

you can have that kind of stuff like fever etc for loads of reasons, sometimes we overthink symptoms. its so crazy, i personally dont think that cut looks herpes ish at all and i dont know if youd have itching etc for 2 months without any ulcers/blisters. i had two cuts in the folds of my vagina that would flare up when i had thrush and sometimes reopened. i cant remember too well. i dont reslly think it sounds too much like herpes honestly, i also freak out about having herpes with every symptom i have. if youve been scratchin etc the cut could be from that and thrush also causes cuts. what tests did u get at drs? usually herpes outbreaks r really bad first time and would be reslly painful etc to walk and so on.

• Edited

I had my std tests on beginning of feb for chlamydia gonorrhoea, hiv etc and everytging was ok. i have sent off swabs to my doctor but i think it takes a week so i have to wait til monday at least and yeah i agree actually, there are genuinely no blisters just the cut. and thr itching is on the cut (not so much( but also mainly on the left side of my labia, you know where the redness is on the picture?? on those parts. as soon as i wake up i do sea salt soaks and theres no itching for thr whole day. i do it before bed so i dont itch overnight, also taking some probiotics, im so relieved you think it isnt what i think it is, when i have sex it is painful i cant lie, but i havent had sex for a while and prob not for a while so im praying it will heal

• Posted

also what did the dr say? have they seen the cut etc?

• Posted

also on the second pic i sent you do u notice the redness is on one side but the other side of my labia is fine, literally the red parts are the bits ive been scratching and the cut area

• Posted

also with the itching is it all over or just on the cut?

• Posted

one of your replies is waiting to be accepted by a moderator for some reason. did u see a doctor and what did they say? usually if u get fever etc symptoms woild develop a couple days/week after

• Posted

so you have had a herpes test before and it was okay? and have you sent a herpes test off to doctor now? or just for chlamydia etc. i think it could be thrush still, im experiencing discomfort on vagina and on and off mild itching for just over 2 months now, with thrush like discharge. but i feel like when we get into mindsets like this we overthink normal things happening in our vagina that we wouldnt usually even take notice of. i think to go forward keep an eye on the cut, dont keep touching or stretching it etc, put sudocrem or some kind of cream on it and see if it heals. ive had thrush cuts that sting when urinating they are normal, the fact it isnt an ucler etc is a good sign and i dont believe a herpes outbreak would have lasted since march. i think you'll be fine, would you let me know your results?

• Posted

havent had a herpes test as they only test if you have visible symptoms 😭 and cos of lockdown cant see a doctor, so annoying. i feel a lot better now you've said that so thank you for reassuring me. i got a call from the pharmacy and they also said, like u, to apply sudocrem so thats what im doing. and ues of course, ill let you know my results zoon as i get them! fingers crossed its only thrush

• Posted

hopefully, i have high hopes that is x good luck let me know as im experiencing something similar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.