Is this thyroid related

Posted , 4 users are following.

My symptoms are dizziness as if I am buzzing, my chest and upper body feel like they are vibrating. I go from boiling hot in the face with freezing cold hands to hot all over. My skin is really dry and flaky, my nails are brittle and grooved.  My heart races and I am being checked for AF but the A&E Doctor said it could be thyroid, this has been said before but when tested the test is either borderline or normal. I also struggle to lose weight and my lower legs are a bit puffy by the ankle. My thyroid area feel slightly swollen, but it is buzzing and dizziness that is scary, I also have lots of headaches.  Any thoughts please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How old are you? Male or Female?

So you're having episodes of palpitations and lightheadedness?

How long do they last for? How long have you been having these episodes?

Do you have varicose veins?

Do you have any long term medical conditions?

Do you smoke? Have high BP or High Cholesterol?

• Posted

I know exactly what you're going through. I am experiencing the same things due to being just diagnosed with Hashimoto's. Have you had your TPO antibodies checked? That's how my doctor knew I had Hashimoto's because I had elevated TPO antibodies.

• Posted

Hi, I will ask for TPO and thyroid to be checked and see what happens.  Take care
  • Posted

I described fuzzy tingling feel
    • Posted

Hi, its that feeling I hate, you feel all wobbly all of the time, especially if walking for long periods.  I will get to the bottom of this as I am fed up with being fobbed off.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.