is this vestibular papillomatosis or genital warts

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently just started becoming more sexually active in March. Around the end of March I had a condom break at the very end. Basically, the guy finished in me and I took a Plan B (immediately afterwards )and seen my gyno and had some test done. The only thing that came up positive with me having BV. So I took some antibiotics for that Thursday last week I was at work and was having a lot of itching. I did go to the restroom and every time I wiped I would scratch a little bit. I come home that morning and I get my mirror and I look down at my vagina, and was terrified to see what I knew was possibly a yeast infection(taking medicine), but I also saw some bumps arises. I already had a appointment set up with my gyno to get on birth control possibly. So she confirms that i had a yeast infection but when she looks at my genitals, she says that it looks like genital warts and wants to biopsy it later. But every picture I see of genital warts does not match what I’m seeing and it looks like VP to me. I just wanted to see if I should get a second opinion. I hear that VP gets missed diagnosis genital warts a lot.image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do get a biopsy done. Yes, VP can be misdiagnosed as warts, but warts can be misdiagnosed as VP so a biopsy will sort it out.

• Posted

i went in for my appointment today and she says it looks like its clearing up. im going back in two weeks for a follow up and possible biopsy

• Posted

hi, i have the exact thing on mines expect its on both sides and theres way more finger looking things on them. I recently visited the gyno and she said its completly normal and its apart of your skin . i got tested for everything just to make sure im good and everything came back negative expect for BV i tested postive for that so she prescribed me antibiotics for it. as of today they are still itchy!!! i find that if i wash it with just water ( warm-hot) they kind of become inflamed and go away although they will return if they are touched ,i had to stop wearing tampons because of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.