Is this VP? Genital Warts?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a yeast infection that was itchy and not going to lie, I scratched. I also had sex 3 days after the yeast infection resolved. Now I have these little almost papules in line on my labia minor. They are slightly itchy and there are 2 papules that are a little tender to the touch. No smell. They are soft to the touch and move back and forth when I rub them. I usually have some small bumps that I woul consider VP normally and nothing this prominent and didn't know if I irritated it from scratching or are something else. I will be going to the walk in clinic soon.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this is VP, the best way to differentiate HPV from benign vestibular papules is to follow the papule, from the bottom (base) of the papule, up (tip). As you may observe, these papules have that characteristic, if it was HPV, the growth would be irregular and the distribution would be asymmetrical.

Best wishes!!

• Edited

Hi Catnappy,

Agree with Dr Fernandez; these are VP.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, have you been vaccinated with Gardasil (HPV vax)? If you have, then genital warts would be a very unlikely diagnosis.

Adhari

• Posted

I have not been vaccinated with Gardasil yet.

• Edited

How old are you??! The sooner the better, IMHO, especially if you are sexually active.

• Posted

I am 28. It became publicly funded for those in 7th grade where I live when I was in highschool so it basically is only funded for those with after a 2004 birth year. I am basically not publicly funded for it and I do not have coverage with work so that has been a barrier to me getting the vaccine. I have been meaning to get it but cost has been a barrier.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.