Is this what ibs can look like. It’s been going for 2-3 years

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been to a gut doctor and have another appointment coming up in a couple months. i came here looking for opinions from anyone who has already been diagnosed with ibs, chrones, or any kind of gut to butt issues. this is a typical day for me. these are all in about the fist 3 hours of today, and i know from previous days that this wont be all i produce today as i usually have to sit on the toilet a dozen times because i feel an urge to go. sometimes it seems normal but more often than not its like this. just looking for opinions from any one who has been diagnosed.

imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hii joshua, i think your poor bowel is stressed! i would absolutely go see your doctor. is it usual for your bowel to do this? if not ask for help on Monday. in the meantime ask your chemist for something to soften your bowel. good luck that's how bad mine was - i ended up having to see someone about this. they give you sachets that help you to go to the toilet!

• Edited

Thank you for the response and yes this seems to be my new usual, at least 3-4 times a week for the past 2-3 years. i had a colon scope done about a year ago. They found nothing but inflamation, with no reasons for it. I have done bouts of stool softeners and magnesium, lots of water and diet changes . its just never looking very healthy. always too loose, to hard, mucus, or a combination of all three. my abdomen hurts or just does not feel right almost every day. i have another appointment with them in June. the lack of any findings and the , well what you have seen is what makes me question if it could be ibs or something like that.

• Edited

hi joshua, poor you it does sound like ibs from what you're saying but i would get them to check if you have coeliac disease (gluten intolerance) or something like chron's. you never know anything else could be causing this. IBS is a set of symptoms, it's often given as a final diagnosis after other things have been ruled out. good luck i hope they find out what's wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.