Is this withdrawal or should I increase dose?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on flu 20mg for 17 weeks and during that time had horrific sides effects that included no appetite, constant diorreah, huge 4 hour panic attacks and scared to leave home and no sleep.

After 3 months most went but sleep was still issue. I could get to sleep and stay a sleep if I used quitipine but that's not long term solution due to health risks.

So doctor agreed to give me melatonin sleep hormone and halve my flu to 10mg on 2 november. Have had lovely 3 weeks of good sleep and no issues with mood. Last couple of days I've woke with panic, had erratic sleep, and now lost appetite again and have diarreah and low thoughts.

I read flu withdrawal can take 3 weeks to kick in due to long half life.

My question is do I continue with 10mg and see if withdrawal improves or go back to 20mg because when my body still had that in system along with melatonin I was functioning. I don't like the hair loss it was giving me either.

Or another drug?

Paroxetine worked in past but weight gain and painful withdrawal and sleepy all time.

Just not sure what to do that will cause me least pain and effects as I'm single parent of a 5 year old and need to function

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.. sorry your feeling like you do, I’m on 60mg and it’s been nearly 5mths now ( on 60since 3mth) and I’m feeling really good, other then the menopause, not helping me..  I don’t sleep either, or takes 3hours to get to sleep then awake 3/4 through the nite..

But Iv been like that for around 2 yrs since coming of my other antidepressants, which helped me sleep, so for ME ( we all different ) this Prozac isn’t causing me not to sleep, and even tho I have alcertive colitas (bad stomac ) Iv not got any worse since being on Prozac...

But again I stress we are all different so what’s good for one person may not for another..

As for going back up to 20mg only do that if you intend to stay on this med? As by going up and down, your body won’t know if it’s coming or going, and you will just keep getting these bad side effects for a long time, so you’ve got to decide if you’ve had enough of this med, or you want to stay on it???  For me it as been a life saver, even tho it was a rough start for me...

Don’t jump up and down, stick to what YOU want.. if your staying on 10mg to come off this med then continue to do so, but it can take a while for your body to be norm again...

Best of luck and I hope you find what’s best for you in the long run, big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Thanks dawn. I don't know whether I want to be on it long term or not.wanted to see if I could get by on 10mg for a while. May give it 2 weeks and if I still feel.awful up back to 20.

• Posted

Hi just  Remember tho, as soon as you go back up to 20mg u are more then likely to get the symptoms again, untill you body gets adjusted to it, Prozac is a very slow drug , good luck and I do hope it sorts it’s self out for you, which ever you decided to do big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Vampybear, I have been on fluox for some time. I gained 10 pounds. Two weeks ago I started to tapper down from 30mg to 20mg. And since yesterday I started to taper down from 20mg to 10mg. Omg my emotions is going up n down like rollercoaster now. But the positive side is my weight came down 2 lbs in just one day. Im still able to function.

Did u try clonazepam ? It helped me with the sleep.

Peter

• Posted

ah yes so you have had a similar rollercoaster!

i just dont know how long it will take for me to work out if it is still withdrawal or if it dose is not high enough. I can cope with panics, its the low thoughts i struggle to get out of. Hard to find techniques for those!

• Posted

Hi Vampybear,

I am now talking 20mg not daily but on day 1,3,5,7,2,4,6,8.... I am feeling better. I have less side effects now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.