is tinitus a symptom of CFS?

Posted , 10 users are following.

i have left sided tinitus, not bothersome but i am definately aware of it, i wondered if others have this, and could it be a symptom of CFS. I also have been struggling to hear cleraly, sounds sound more muffled at times. I have partial wax in opposite ear so will have it syringed, and speak to GP as he says unilateral tinitus needs ENT referral as not normal.

​i do have neck pain in same side as tinitus and wondered if its pressing on nerve causing tinitus,

​thanks

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No Nichola that is exactly why you do NEED to see the ENT consultant! Especially if you have wax in only one ear! I am not saying anymore, it may be just that you have slight hearing loss, nothing more than that, however as with all things better safe than sorry. 
  • Posted

Lots of people with CFS have no tinnitus though, but people with tinnitus say that it can be worse when they're tired, so that could cause some association.
    • Posted

its always there, but not too bad, am just aware of it now, i found it when i started doing relaxation practice, it dosnt bother me really, i just didnt know it was a symptom of CFS
  • Posted

I just glanced at my monthly summary and saw this post.  Tinnitus is NOT the sound of your brain.  Your brain doesn't make any sound or we'd notice.  Just search tinitus on here if you want to know what it is or isn't.  I have CFS and tinnitus.  Nobody knows why some people get tinnitus but I know withabsolutely certainty that it is not the sound of your brain.  This is a great website - use it!
  • Posted

Hi Nicola99 I've just started with the ringing in my left side in the last day or so, I also have cfs and fibromyalgia. This has led to me trying to find out if its connected. Its really not very nice and I think that my flare up has led to this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.