IS UNIVERSAL CREDIT BEETER THAN ESA SUPPORT GROUP

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am wondering if I would be better off claiming universal credit or ESA Support Group. I am appealing at the moment for PIPS as I was awarded a two year enhanced rate back in May last year. The next thing is I have been told the SSCS1 was sent in after a month when it clearly was not. The MR was dated  26/02 the Tribunal people in Bradford  received it on 16/03. Only 19 days later. I have now emailed the judge as I need a paper reconsideration done.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't hold out much hope if I were you. It's like fighting a loosing battle. No judge is going to reply to an email  you need to be sending important documentation by recorded delivery so you've got proof of posting. I take it you don't work then?
    • Posted

No I am not working due to having had shoulder surgery. I had frozen shoulder for four years and have had Fibromyalgia for over 9 years.So the stress I have been put through has been horrific. I do.have proof of postage. The tribunal.people have admitted they made a mistake.
  • Posted

Hi you don't have a choice which one to claim as Universal Credit is set to replace all benefits in the future.   You can't choose when to claim it.  x

• Posted

Hi yea that is my understanding. It depends on where you live and whether Universal Credit is in play for benefit claims. However UC is being introduced gradually and ESA is expected to be one of the last benefits to be incorporated.My understanding is UC is only applicable to JSA in most places at the moment. It is best to contact your local Job Centre Plus to find out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.