Is vagina normal ? Lumps and crater like formations ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm in my mid 40s and have had 2 children, i've got what looks like crater growths and lumps in and around my vagina . No itching, pain etc, they just look like abnormal growths - are they ?imageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would go and see your doctor with that its not normal

• Posted

ive had these for a quite few years but not sure if they are getting bigger / worst or thats just my imagination , I go for my 3 yearly smear test with the nurse at the GP and she never says anything . last went a few months ago and no comment by her , but perhaps she wouldnt know ?? and need to see a GP ? wasnt sure if just really bizzare scar tissue from havimg children as had for forceps / episotomy etc

• Posted

I would have thought the nurse would have mentioned it if not right but you could ask just to put your mind at rest

• Posted

I would go and see your doctor with that its not normal

• Posted

I they dont itch,bleed or cause problems with intercourse and are not sore they are probably Ok.Your nurse hasnt commented and she sees hundreds of vaginas per year so would know if something wasnt right. She would certainly suggest you saw your GP if she suspected something was wrong, or even call him/her into the room to have a look.

It could be just scar tissue from the episiotomy,or skin tags that have developed.

However,you are obviously getting doubts about it so do pay your GP a visit just to set your mind at rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.