Is Vitamin B-12 Level 294 pg/ml Low

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dear friends I am new to this forum, From past one year I have neck pain which moved to my lower back after some time, I feel really weak , feels pins and needles in my neck  and arm . I have done MRI which shows only stiffness in muscles rest of things are normal . I feel light headed and depressed most of the time with tiredness , muscle aches and  fatigue. Last week I done my b-12 and D3. My b-12 level was 294 pg/ml and D3 was 36.6 ng/ml . Please I need your help and advise on the level of B-12 294 can really creates such symptoms.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you in the UK yes i feel both these level would create alot of symptoms , some expect say b12 should be 500 - 700 , again vit D should be well into the 100 range are you takeing any vitd or b12 injections x
    • Posted

I am in Pakistan, and from the past year I am getting these symptoms and it is getting worse with passage of each day. My doc told me that most of my sysmtoms are related to anxiety.....
  • Posted

I feel the same, vit d level 12ng/30nmol b12 280 I get so of you're symptoms too
  • Posted

Hey, hope you feel better.

I have been diagnosed with low B12 -

Level 142. Also have low calcium and foliate and folic acid.

I have felt so I'll for weeks and weeks, pain/stiffness/pins and needles in shoulders, back arms and wrists, thighd, could hardly grip a pen. Extreme fatigue, no appetite, dizziness.

Had first loading dose Tues and although not back to normal at all... Feel a lot better already. Still waiting on PA and coeliac results but injections have helped already and I haven't had issues getting help from my doctor. I'm in Scotland.

Not sure what levels of B12 are problematic but worth going back to doctor if you have symptoms.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Currently I am on Injections of B-12 and vit D. Can you tell me how much time it will take for recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.