Is weight loss normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. Just a quick question. Is weight loss normal for some people? Ive gone from 11st 2lbs to 9st 8lbs in about 9 weeks.

Ive only been on cit 20mg for about 24 days now. My appetite has come back and im eating more but my weight just seems to be dropping by the day. Ive had multiple blood tests to rule out stuff like thyroid problems.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i lost loads of weight on it but it evened out, now im withdrawing im down to 8.4 stone xx

• Posted

when i started taking citalopram i lost over a stone but once my appetite came back i was fine it slowly started to come back

• Posted

Dear Hall1989

I lost 8 pounds in the first month of taking Citalopram. I could barely eat, I was so anxious. Now that the anxiety level has gone down after 2 months, I'm able to enjoy food again and will probably put it back on again!

Jill

• Posted

I've just recently started to get my appetite back to pretty normal and I'm 16 weeks in, I also ended up losing about 15-20# during that time, but I'm sure it's from the anxiety levels and feeling yucky with the side effects I was unable to eat right. From what I've read that is pretty common, and it will end up leveling back out. I go to the doctor next week, and I'm hoping that I gained a little back!

• Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies. Ive always had a fast metabolism but ive never lost weight this fast before. Glad to hear this is no cause for alarm. Hopefully once these meds kick in ill be able to get back in gym and start putting the weight back on.

• Posted

I'm going through the same thing. Been on Cit for about a month now and lost a lot of muscle mass especially in my legs. I haven't been to gym in about 2 months and been pretty much bed bound and unmotivated so I'm blaming that for my weight loss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.