Is your endo pain worse at certain times in your cycle?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,

I've been noticing that my endo pain seems to be the worst during my ovulation, eases a bit as I get closer to my period, then subsides immensely during my period and for the week or so following. Does anyone else feel that they have pain in cycles like this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i recall the pain being horrific at times on a regular basis tho i don't think it was the same as yours. been too many decades for me to remember cycle specifics. everyone's pain isn't the same. some women have very little pain at all.

• Posted

Hello Ambry689. For me yes my pain is horrific during ovulation and my period. I suffer from constant pain as I have stage 4 endo. I am about to take part in a drug trial study called Edelweiss for endo pain. There is a drug called orlissa as well that helps women with endo deal with pain. I hope this helps!

• Posted

This is really interesting to me as I currently have conflicting medical opinions on whether I might have endo, but I will share that my pain is almost the opposite of yours. My pain is worst during the first days of my cycle, and I don't particularly notice any worsening or improvement of symptoms during ovulation.

• Posted

Presence, frequency, location and timing of pain vary from woman to woman so diagnosis can't be made on pain alone.

• Posted

Totally, that's why I pushed for a laparoscopy to diagnose my endo. The trouble is, the pathology report from the first surgery is nowhere to be found, there was only visual confirmation. And now my follow-up surgeon doesn't agree with the initial diagnosis. There are lots of layers to this one and the details would take too long, but I just want to mention it because there might be others like I was who are new to this and think the surgery will definitely provide at least the "yes it's endo or no it's not" confirmation they're looking for. Absolutely make sure you get a pathology report regardless of what the doctor tells you they visually saw during the procedure. You may really need it later.

• Posted

majority of the time if family medical history doesnt confirm diagnosis a laparoscopy and biopsy is necessary. and yes everybody has different pain and different severity e.i. stages can be the reason. getting a diagnosis is the hardest part as drs always want to jump to pcos or just a random cyst or ibs or painful periods. I went to 3 different drs before someone believed that it wasnt just a 10cm cyst and normal and just painful periods that it was actually endometriosis and then confirmed with surgery and said stage 4.

• Posted

Hi Ambry68962,

I have the same symptoms. I get really bloated 2 weeks prior to my period where I look like I am 8 months pregnant. My period is not heavy and I might only cramp on the 1st or 2nd day. My last couple of periods I have stopped bleeding on my 3rd day and started back up on my 4th day. After my periods for a couple of years now, I get a dull constant pain my lower abdomen and back for 2 weeks. I am only 31 years old. I don't have any children. There are times during ovulation that I cripple over because I get a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I've gone to my doctor, the ultrasound is normal with a small cyst that appears to be one that comes with my cycle. I get really constipated about a week prior to my cycle. I spoke to my Gynecologist about possibly having endometriosis, she stated with all of my symptoms and a couple of years of painful periods that she is most certain I do have endometriosis. I have tried taking 800 mg of Ibuprofen and that doesn't relieve the pain. I can bear the pain, but it gets really annoying. When I was younger, from time to time I experienced pain during intercourse, but I rarely do now. I have been wanting children and my husband had mentioned the same. She said if I get pregnant it will help with the endometriosis. At this point, I am unsure of what to do. I hear horror stories of how the endometriosis attaches to your organs and how it can affect your organs. My husband has mixed emotions about having a baby. I almost want to reach out to my doctor and have the laparoscopy performed so I know for sure if I have it, but then again I really don't want to go under or know if I do have it, how severe it is.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.