Is your pain worse with seasonal changes

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is your pain worse with seasonal changes? I've noticed that whenever the season changes whether we're going from a rainy season to the summer or The summer to the fall that my pain gets much worse . has anyone else had this happen to them ? I seem very sensitive to barometer changes

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Definitely! I feel more exhausted and have more aches and pains with the seasonal changes. The barometric changes affect all of us I think. I find rest is very important at this time so that our system can adapt. 
  • Posted

Oh, yes, for sure! I live in S Florida, and when the heat and humidity go up, so does my pain.

• Posted

Hi Claudia,  weather changes effect me to especially warm/hot weather in fact it makes me feel really ill. I find I ache more feel really tired and if I am standing  I feel very dizzy and need to sit down in the shade.  I have never been a lover of hot weather but I just about handle 22c.  I also suffer with  IC which has really knocked me for six the last 2 months. It is nice to know that this isn't just me. You take care 

• Posted

Yes Sue, I live in Australia in the severe heat and humidity. It really knocks me around. I think one thing I often neglect is drinking enough water or a electrolyte drink to restore hydration. I mean a healthy electrolyte drink not Gatoraid or some drink filled with sugar. Staying out of the midday sun helps as well. Taking an afternoon nap helps me deal with the heat too. I am not a big air condition fan and only use it when the heat is unbearable. But hydration is a key. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply.  It helps to know that other's have the same problem with heat.  It's really weird my body almost goes into to panic mode. I finished with hot flushes a few years ago but I seem to be getting similar at the moment which I am putting down to the weather  today is 26c which is not particular high.  I just can't cope with it and feel so tired.  Take care x  

• Posted

Yes I definitely experience more intense pain and exhaustion with weather change. Too much air condition seems to effect me as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.