Isabel Mcewan about pip claim

Posted , 6 users are following.

Received a txt saying they had everything they need about my claim only went on Monday is this gd or bad 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I can't say in regards to your claim whether it's good or bad because I'm not sure there is a different time limit for whether you are being awarded PIP or not (everyone has to be assessed and have their claim records looked at the same way), but what I would say is that it's good that they have gotten your assessment details as soon as that! It means that, fingers crossed, you won't be waiting a majorly long time to find out whether you've been awarded anything!

When I applied for my Mum and we went though the process, we waited three weeks for the text! So hopefully it shouldn't take you as long as it took us to find out! I hope it goes well for you, let us know when you find out and how you got on smile

• Posted

Thanks very much it's a stressful time and I really cnt do anymore stress my dad died 10 weeks ago have had depression most my adult life thro bullying and other bad stuff that happened in my life

• Posted

Oh bless you, I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family. PIP can be very stressful, I think I can say that for most of us here on this forum.

You're already doing so well by applying and getting everything sorted for the claim so well done for that! You're on the right path to what you need, it's unfortunately just a game of patience xxx

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your dad. Having lost both parents and all my close relatives I know how difficult it is to accept how life has changed. Only last Sunday morning my neighbour knocked on my front door to tell me that he had woke up only to find that his wife had died in bed with him during the night and didn’t know what to do.

As for depression & anxiety, I too have suffered from this on top of PTSD, early onset Dementia and acquired brain injury over the past 21 years. I applied for Attendance Allowance (DLA for those over 65) and was knocked back with no award.

The DWP are getting notorious of not believing what you tell them even after giving them medical evidence backing it all up! Seems that they are placing too much emphasis on the assessor’s opinion.

Good Luck

• Posted

As Tori said we can't possibly second guess correctly if you have been awarded PIP or not.

However, it would seem you have followed the guidelines on the application properly (otherwise you wouldn't have received the text) and that can only be a good thing.

• Posted

I know it's so overwhelming I've got loads going on in my life at moment and this is just another bloody horrible thing x

• Posted

I hope everything goes well for you. That must mean you will have a letter soon. Or you can ring up to see if they will tell you over the phone . I had my assessment yesterday ( tuesday) and I'm dreading the letter coming. I was so I'll on the day of my assessment . I was sick with all of the stress and I felt like I didn't ask what I needed to because I couldn't concentrate. This pip is more stress than it's worth

• Posted

Anno I was the same sick and tired of all getting this for an extra bit of money bet 2 get by
    • Posted

That's exactly the point. But we get where we rely on it. I know i do as i have had to change my job and cut my hours down. The stress just makes the illness that you have even worse

• Posted

Not getting a PIP award on conversion from my DLA (HRM & MRC) or even Attendance Allowance has seen our income take a nose dive by £255 a week. You will always find a way of getting by without it – it may not be what you want, but you can manage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.