Isoflavones!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm starting shortly a course of Isoflavones which act as phytoestrogens in mammals to see if after a period of time my bone density improves.  I wonder if any of you here have taken Isoflavones and if so, what was your experience?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Only just seen your post. I took them for a number of years for hot flushes before I went on to HRT. While HRT helped the hot flushes, neither helped my bones as a few years later, I had my diagnosis of osteoperosis 
  • Posted

I took these for a few years for I was unable to take hrt. Helped the menopause greatly but was diagnosed with osteoporsis few years later. Unfortunatel;y dont know if they helped or not. 

After seeing my doctor last wk she has given me a 2yr window in trying the natural route before seriously considering  aa.

I wish you luck with the isoflavones let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Afraid I don't know about these.  One of the best things you can do for your bones is appropriate exercise: weight bearing like walking, Nordic walking, perhaps wearing a weighted walking vest, and even tai chi and certain types of yoga and zumba have been shown to be helpful.  And take Vitamin K2 along with other supplements you may have decided to take.  It's the vitamin which, along with magnesium, guides calcium into the bones where it belongs.  

• Posted

l took Isoflavones for several years in the early 2000s having had breast cancer and not able to take HRT.  I was fine, but eventually got gastic upsets, and don't know how it actually helped me !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.