Isolated lower back pain?!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with gaining an idea of what is happening. On and off for the last couple of weeks ive been having predominantly lower back pain that sometimes radiates upwards. However a times i have an isoloated spot/area in the lower right part of my back that has a throbbing pain. Its really strange because it is just one spot? That is basically the size of a bottle cap. I am really confused...why is it in just one specific spot that hurts more? Anyone have any ideas? Any response would be amazing! Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i’m having very similar symptoms. Mine, so far, has lasted a couple of months. I have achy type pain in my lower back that will at times also be mid to upper back. I, also, I have the same general spot in my back, which for me is right next to the spine but off to the right. It’s a very "tender to the touch" type of discomfort and feels like someone is taking a knuckle to the area (bottle cap size- as you described) and pushing outward. I notice it more intensely when I have poor posture. All of this seems to feel better when I am sleeping at night. The weird thing is...I've had back pains off and on in my lifetime, but these pains just seem atypical for the back pain I've had in the past. I'm sorry that I have no answers for you. I was sent to physical therapy which seemed to help some, but for the most part it's still there. My chiropractor just said it was probably subluxations. I had relief for the last 2 weeks, but it came back this week. I may ask for an MRI soon.

• Posted

hi glad to hear i'm not the only one! i have health anxiety so i do get slightly more paranoid about certain things. ive been having indigestion and rib pain as well so im really not too sure what is going on 😕

ive had an MRI done for my spine which revealed that i had mild scoliosis but im not sure how that may be related or even if it is. im just hoping it'll all go away on its own

• Posted

I totally understand. My health anxiety can get the best of me at times. I just try to remember that the bad things are usually pretty rare. Hopefully, you’ll get some relief soon, which will relieve your worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.