it 7 month now i cant bend my knee after surgry

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an accident

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ayomide. I am sorry about the condition of your knee. Hopefully you will be able to bend it soon. Recovering from an injury is, as you know, frustrating to say the least. I was in a cast for several months as I broke my ankle in two places.The last X-ray showed some improvement, but the doctor wasn't totally happy with the results. I did not want to hear that at all! Being in a cast for several months  was enough discomfort. And I wasn't looking forward to maybe needing screws and plates "installed". The orthopaedic surgeon said to go about business as if I was totally healed, so that is what I am trying to do.

Do you see a physiotherapist? What does your doctor think is causing the problem? I hope you knee is able to bend soon. Take care!

• Posted

Thank you Ann,I hv not seen any physiotherapist at all, my OS told me to bend it myself,and am trying my best to bend my knee but it very tight and the pain is too much for me to beer...so my question is can my knee bend normally cos I can walk a  little bit without crushes.  please advise me, what can I do t o bend my knee.

• Posted

Hi Ayomide, you must be so tired and frustrated with your knee. I feel the same way about my ankle. It is taking a long time to heal. There is always discomfort. Tomorrow I see the physiotherapist. A physiotherapist could maybe give you some exercises to try. I don't know. These injuries can be so disheartening. I hope you start making progress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.