It all started with shortness of breath.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! I just turned 19 on the 3rd.

So recently (about 3 to 4 weeks ago), me and my family have been to the beach and after returning, we were tested negative for Covid. But I had been going through some shortness of breath, at first I had just been taking my abuterol inhaler. But a day later, I had started growing in fatigue and could barely move without growing terribly tired. I ended up sleeping three times a day. Then came the chest pains, on the upper right side if my chest. I took ibuprofen for the pain and it was that way for a while until one night there was a terrible stabbing pain on the left side of my chest. I got scared and told my mom and she said she'd take me to the doctor.

My vitals were pretty normal (Oxygen levels, blood pressure) except for my heart rate. It was at least up to 160 mostly due to me being nervous. So they sent me to the ER. The hospital took a Urine test, Chest X-ray, and EKG and they came out fine but due to the long wait and me growing tired and more hungry as the hours passed, I had to go home and check the website for my results. They saw nothing wrong. We monitored my oxygen levels and blood pressure as well as heart beat. Still my heart beat went from 94 when resting, to 130 when I moved around. I also felt like gas was trapped in my intestines and I kept burping but that got better. As days passed, it felt like I had a tonsil stone stuck in my lower tonsil but I assumed it was a oatmeal fiber but then my left Lymph node felt swollen but my mom being a nurse felt it and said it wasn't but it went down days later and I started to feel better and move around more without getting sleepy. Now I am dealing with Gerd, shortness of breath, chest pain, headaches and that little oatmeal fiber feeling is still in my right side. I pushed out 2 tonsil stones though, 1 on each side. There is also a little tickle in my throat that makes me feel like I'm going to cough. I looked up my symptoms (horrible idea) and now I'm absolutely terrified. Anyone else going through this? Any thoughts?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, your symptoms sound similar to mine, have you had any luck with getting better??

• Posted

Your symptoms sound like they could be anxiety-related. Some deep breathing exercises might help... The 4-7-8 method works great to help regulate your nervous system.

If not, look up "histamine intolerance". Foods high in histamine can give you those symptoms too, including that tickle in your throat. You can try a low-histamine diet for a few days to see if things get better. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.