It feels like I'm going to have a stroke or heart attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been dealing with severe anxiety and depression for over a month. I'm taking a Zoloft for it both but it's only helping a little. I'm having weird head pains and it feels like I'm going to have a stroke, I don't have any symptoms for one but I can't stop thinking about it. I know it's all in my head but it just feels too real, I'm afraid something bad will happen to me very soon. The only symptoms I have are: a little bit of confusion, sharp head pains around my head, and cloudiness.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Get a full medical to make sure all is ok.

I did that and when I knew there was nothing wrong and it was anxiety I was suffering from I go for brisk walks when an attack comes on instead of crawling into bed.

Eat healthly drink lots of water exercise meditation.

Consider therapy,anxiety thrives off fear

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

I will be sure to consult my doctor about this. I also took an echodiagram and an EKG and everything was normal. So I'm sure nothing is wrong with my head. But thank you very much, I will be sure to do what's best for me smile
    • Posted

I have been having head pains for over 14 years now !!! Convinced is got something so wrong I was going to die it was horrible but hey 14 years on still with the same head pains and I'm still alive I know it's no picnic living how we do with health anxiety but I guess I'm proof that not every pain we feel in our body is going to kill us xx hope this helps xx
    • Posted

Therapy is your best bet then learn how to cope with anxiety and dont let it take over your lifecool
  • Posted

you may be having some side effects  .. read the medication notes or see a Dr.

rich

• Posted

Hey Rich

I have had some side effects and they aren't as severe as they were. Maybe I'm not totally used to them yet.

• Posted

I am going thru the exact same thing. I had my heart checked with ekg's and blood work, but I'm really want an mri now to make sure I don't have anything going on in my brain. I wake up every morning with severe anxiety. It's been really difficult. I can't get in to see a Dr until after the first. Ugh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.