It gets better promise!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there I’m a 40 year old lady that has suffered from piles for the last 16 years. I have 4 children my last labour was the worse and has made my piles horrendous for the last 4 years.I have had banding done 3 times then them years too. I got so bad that I had to do something!!! I had surgery not knowing anything I did google or look into it at all or never even heard of it before. I was just yes let’s get rid of them I can’t live like this any more. I never prepared for surgery! I had 3 very large grade 4 internal ones and 3 external ones!!!

Day of op- came home in no pain at all just uncomftable!!

Day 1 - woke with tummy cramps but took paracetamol ibrufen and codine which they gave me plus movical 2 times a day.

Day 2 - woke early hours in Terriale pain had a BM which all I can say was awful and very watery had to have a bath for 3 hours still with the feeling of needing to go I had a accident in the bath which I can say was not as painful!!! This happened 3 times that day

Day3 - woke in pain same as day 2 really what have I done!!

Day 4 - I cut the movical to once a day as BM were so watery I thought that’s what was causing the pain. (Best thing I had done really for me) I also read on here to SQUAT over the toilet not sit.... well that was the best thing too help, the pain was not as bad plus no straining at all!! I would have a bm not need a bath I had little pain but I stayed in the bathroom and walked around I would end up going a further 3 times. After about 30 mins of burning I felt great and did all day!!! I didn’t go out but to just sit comfortably was brilliant.

Day 6 - woke and took no pain meds but still 1 moviacal!  felt even better!! Even forgot some of how painful the few days before was. I did the same got up had a few BM the same was as the day before plus not as Watery

Day 7 - omg feeling myself again BM still burn a bit but with squatting and walking around until been again it’s brilliant hurtsfor about 10 mins after but bearable and no need to bath!!

I just want to say to everyone that is going through it it dose get better and that pain is only bad for a few day too!!!

KEEP GOING IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So happy to hear you are doing well Anita. I am a 48 year old male who has had a small external hem for 4+ months. I had two but one healed.  My doc says the other will subside too over time.  And I have been to the surgeon twice for follow ups.  I am doing most things I normally do but it is still there and bothersome.  Wish me luck! 
    • Posted

Good luck Jimmy, my advise would be NEVER sit down and go to the toilet squat over it with your hands on your knees and take a stool softener. Finger crossed your last one goes.
  • Posted

Thanks!  Weird thing with my hem is that it came about due to diarrhea not straining.  I have not had an issue with BMs. This one small external hem just won’t go away.  Doc says it is really small and some mornings in the shower I can’t feel it at all.  But main issue now is sitting at work for a period of time.  
  • Posted

That's incredibly quick healing! Good for you! Congratulations on your decision and post op success! You got your life back!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.