It has been 3 weeks that I found my thyroid level was .02!

Posted , 8 users are following.

My doc set me up with an Endocrinologist. However it will be over 3 months before I get to see him. 

I requested an ultrasound, and if it shows anything, I want a fine needle biopsy.

i am a retired nurse and I am still on edge. I also have COPD, and my breathing is worse. My body aches just about everywhere. I am cranky at times answer shaky. Yes, my throats is sore too.

i am as afraid as everyone else who has been diagnosed. No one in my family has had this disease. I sure pray that everything will be ok. I am looking for a book on what to eat. I worry about my diet. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Arlea

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I am assuming that when you say your thyroid level is .02 that you mean your TSH level?  Has your doctor prescribed anything for you to block the excessive thyroid hormone being produced?  I would worry if he hasn't because if you have to wait 3 months to see an Endocrinologist, you run the risk of having a thyroid storm.  So if he hasn't, ask him for this.  As far as diet, I will email you privately as we are not allowed to post links on this Board.

• Posted

Hi Linda, 

No, he did not order anything. I sure don’t want a thyroid storm, and I have been checking out diets to help with this. 

Thanks again, and I will contact him tomorrow.

thanks again!

• Posted

Hi there my tsh 0.01 and t4 43.5 and I had been told 2 weeks ago that I have overactive thiords  , I have been ill for sometime due to it being missed months prior and same as you I have to wait 3 and a half months yet my doctor told me that level are way out very low tsh and a high t4 but I got to wait ... I feel for u and I know how stressful this is ... 

I going to push the doctor now for a closer appointment but I think the NHS is struggle with staff 

I Hope everything goes ok 

• Posted

It helps when you post to this Board to post your results with the ranges for normal beside your results in brackets.  I always got and kept a binder with my actual paper lab test results so I could see my lab patterns.  It must feel very frightening to have to wait that long now that you know that your thyroid is causing your condition.  There are some supplements you can take which will help your symptoms both now and after you are further diagnosed and treated.  I will email you privately about these.
    • Posted

I have been researching, and appreciate your input. I feel horrible, and hungry all the time! 

Thank you Linda.

• Posted

Hi all I was diagnosed with a overactive thyroid 8 weeks ago now I'm on 30ml of carbizamull and propanel tablets to slow the heart I was really I'll with it for weeks aches pains burning round my ribs my doc told me will have these pains for up to 12 weeks my neck is sore and feels swollen went to my GP had bloods done and they told me I'm fine and just keep taking my meds fat lot of help he was I told him every time I swallow it hurts and feels lumpy his answer was take some lockets.😡😡😡

• Posted

Hello,  I understand how you feel, and hope you are ok also. The muscle and bone aches are the hardest to deal with, but hopefully with the advice from others by following a diet they recommended, and what I have researched to take potassium, calcium, zinc, magnesium, and calcium, as well as following a hyperthyroid diet, maybe I will be able to feel better. I am looking forward to my ultrasound, and a fine needle biopsy if needed. I am also going to see if I can find an Endocrinologist who will see me sooner.

Best of luck to you also

• Posted

Hi arlea I hope everything goes ok and wish u and everyone else who is suffering from this dreaded problem the very best 

• Posted

Hi arlea13920, I'm kind of in the same boat. I saw my Endocrinologist recently, but am now waiting for my second set of lab results to come back. My Endo suspects I have Graves Disease. My Endo put me on 20 mg of Methimazole twice a day for my thyroid as well as 80 mg of Propranolol. Since taking the Propranolol my hand tremors are pretty non existent as well as my my heart being elevated. My pulse if finally below 90 (YAY!). I just hope the Methimazole does what it's supposed to do. I went through several days where my entire body hurt, and muscles ached. No fun. While my body doesn't yet feel anywhere close to normal, it does feel better. As for food, My Endo told me everything effects the Thyroid, but to stay away from Soy, Iodine, and sugars. I have cut salt completely out of my diet as well as soy which has been hard as I love seafood, and tofu. Good luck to you and to everyone else dealing with thyroid issues. All of this is new to me as I was diagnosed just 4 to 5 weeks ago. 

• Posted

Hi mich.ro19,

Luckily my  BP and pulse are ok, if they wait for me to rest for awhile. I did look up diets and found some good advice. Cold water fish are okay, and they reccomend salmon, tuna, and mackerel. Also to eat yogurt, cottage cheese, and cheese. Check it out with your Doc.

Best wishes 

Arlea

• Posted

Hello

I am sorry your feeling so bad. I remember and can definitely understand how your feeling. I had graves disease and I chose radiation, thats my story tho. Rest assure the endo will find out exactly what Is going on with you; There can be so many factors. Its very treatable and whatever treatment they chose for you, you will begin to feel better. Looking back I was also really scared because I felt so awful , your body is sped up because of your thyroid so try eating foods that will calm the fire and high metabolism in the mean time. Do you have a goiter? a swollen thyroid. That can make your throat hurt. Green tea helped at the time. The thyroid does so much so the sourness and shakiness is part of it. try and stay away from caffeine . Can you get into another doctor quicker or do you have to see that one. . I also ended up taking a beta blocker for the shakiness which help and help calm me down with out drugs like Xanax . Maybe talk to your doc and see if theres something in the mean time you can do to help. 

As hard as it seems try and do relaxing things that make you happy. Get the book you mentioned and start eating things for hyperthyroidism. Im 10 years out and I feel normal and have a normal life after they treated me. So know this time will pass and your going to be ok!! 

• Posted

OMG! You sure made me feel better with your words. I am following the diet, and lost a couple of pounds, which I had been fighting to lose, and couldn’t. Your experience has given me hope. I am sore all over with muscle and bone aches. Nogoiter, but throat is sore. Shakyness is periodic. But, I have hope, and everyone here has given me inspiration.

Thank you

Arlea

• Posted

Good! I promise you,.... once this is under control you will feel better and not have these feelings. biggrin
    • Posted

Thank you, all of the people here have really helped calm my nerves. This is absolutely appreciated. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.