It has just burst - how do I care for the area

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, hoping someone can offer advice. My cyst (never medically diagnosed) but the last 7-10 days has been growing and though not sore was uncomfortable to sit and had a burning sensation. We do not have a bath but we're away overnight and there was a bath so I had one hot bath with Himalayan salts anyway this afternoon sitting on a hard chair at table and felt sore moved to sofa and after a while felt wet went to loo nod oh my word was like I had a period but sort of browny blood. And my period not due. Sorry to be graphic but wiped pushing against once swollen area and more blood (or gunk) swollen area far less swollen but still a bit and blood has stopped. How do I care for this and ensure it heals?

Tea tree oil? At the moment I have an Epsom salt compress on area.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've suffered with these things for almost 20 years. Baths are the answer but, as you don't have one, sitting in a bowl of water as hot as you can stand (which I diud when living in a house with only a shower) works just as well. Add some sodium bicarbonate to draw everything out. Sounds like its infected though, so you might Ned a course of antibiotics. Good luck 🛀

• Posted

Thank you Debra900 I don't think I have a bowl or tray big enough I am quite large 😭 Would a warm/ hot compress help? I really don't do doctors (dam anxiety) I know I know I need to consider it but also hoping if it has burst it can drain?

• Posted

Yes hot compress is good also - as hot as you can stand it! I have a cyst now, about my 15th! Burst it myself but feeling rough so on antibiotics - didnt need to see doc just a fone call then picking up the prescription. If you keep squeezing the area (with the compress) it should keep it drainingcwhich is the main thing. But go to docs if u feel unwell as the one i had bwefore this one, i ended up in hospital with blood poisoning. I also suffer from anxiety, panic attacks etc - wonder if theres a link. Sorry for crapoy typing, on a tablet not my pc. Take care x d
    • Posted

Ok thanks Debra900 I will use hot compress and maybe wipe with tea tree solution? Anxiety and panic attacks are awful and if you try and explain to others they sometimes don't get it. Thanks for advice and for listening

• Posted

No worries.  Never tried Tea Tree oil but I can't see it doing any harm.  Hope you have a speedy recovery. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.