It is cervical spondylosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to every one,

I've been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis since last year. It took a lots of visits to the docter and the emergency unite before spondylosis was diadnosed. The stiff neck , the very bad headach and the dizzyness have become parts of my life. When it started to affect me no doctors were able to pinpoint what was wrong with me. One docter told me I was suffering from sinus but an xray rulled it out. Another one told me that may be I was entering the menopause at an early age,mind you I'm only 37. Another blame it on high blood pressure, something that I did not have before but I have it today. Another one refered me to a psychiatrist telling me that may be I was imagining the pain!!!. Can any one beleive this? Finally reading an article in a magazine I came about somebody descriding similar symtoms as mine smile ,I told a docter about it , he did an xray and on that day my neck was really bad and finally he read my xray and confirm that I was infact suffering from cervical spondylosis. It was a releif finally to know that what I was suffering from had a name! To any one out there please do not despair with the pain. If you would like to email me I promise to reply to all mail.All the best to every one.

ella

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ella

Have just recently found this site. Reading your experience is a mirror image of my own. My pains started about 7 years ago in the form of headaches (the pain of which I would not wish on my worst enemy) radiating from the back of my neck to the front. Like you I too was suspected as having sinus problems and have been having antibiotics on & off. It was suggested to me by one consultant after about 2 minutes that it could be stress! Have also seen a Neurologist who just suspected migraines and prescribed Rizatriptan, which do help with the headaches but are short lived and you are not supposed to take too many. Also I thought with migraines you are supposed to get relief from laying down in a dark room, whereas I have to sit up in one postition. Over the past year I have been getting pains going down my arm to my hand and thumb. I had an xray which the doctor says shows arthritis but adds that most people have some degree at my age (51) hence treating me like statistic instead of an individual. I recently had a ct scan on my sinuses which came back clear. Co-proxamol eases the pains in my arm & shoulder for a short while but not my head. My sleep pattern is invariably broken most nights with the pain. I went to a Chiropractor last year had no real results but have made arrangments to see a different one on Tuesday, will see where that takes me. Also, I dont know if its just me but I seem to feel worse if my bowels are not working properly. Any thoughts on this? At the end of the day I feel it is not only affecting me but my whole family, as I dont feel very hospitable at times and I despair at booking holidays as I never know how I am going to feel.

• Posted

hi lynn

it was very nice to read from you and I feel very happy to know that out there there are poeple in similar position as me . Just to let you know that now i am pregnant and I get the occasional headache but it is not that bad and i hope it does'nt get worse. I hope you find a solution for the pain and mat be we will be able to share the cure with eachother. So do not despair . smile smile :D 8)

• Posted

hi to every one.

Its been quite sometime since i posted on this page. Yet just telling you all that there has been some changes in my life. I have a 4 year old daughter that i adore and love dearly.

As i am typing i want to let you all know that sice last week the big flare up of spondylosis is there and i am on sick leave because of the pain.

to all of you sufferers , hope there will be a miracle cure oneday.

so let us not despaire.

• Posted

Hi ella, I read your post with interest. It's great that you have posted after so long, congratulations on your little daughter.

I also have the dreaded condition, along with other nasty arthritic and neuropathic problems. It's been nearly 60 years since it started. I've lived a life and had a family, with chronic pain issues all the time.

It can be done. Sadly there is no cure and not a lot of real help because of the type of problem it is.

Despair often hovers around but the trick is to never give in to it.

You are obviously doing well and I send you my very best wishes that your flare ups are few and your pain lessens daily.

Bless you for posting, Fanny Jane.

• Posted

hi fanny-jane

it is nice to read from you.thanks for the congratulation on my little daughter. Just to tell you that i consider her a real blessing because apart from spondylosis . i also battle with 10 years infertility before my prayers were answered and i had her. She keeps me going when time are bad and pain are driving nuts, she will always give me a hug,

This week the pain was so bad that i went to the emergency department twice with stiff neck and unbearable head ache.. I've been on 1 week sick leave and will resume work on Monday.

I always say that its not the end of the world as there are people worse of than us. so we just pray god that one day there will be a miracle cure for it.

god bless you.

ella

• Posted

Hi ,

I was nice to read your posts .. I too suspect that I may be having this condition .I have twin 3 year old girls who i just adore. I was and am still able to carry them both on either arm for now. I used to lift weights and box , play tennis soccer , what not and am pretty physically active. So , as you would imagine , am worried. My MRI is end of this month. Im glad I found this site.

Keep in touch.

Warm regards,

Cap'n

• Posted

hi captain1

it was nice to read from you. i can say that nowadays i am much better and i rarely have the bad flare up of pain since i improve on my lifestyle and my work life. my husband just told me that he has seen a great improvement as he no longer see me in pain. now i am more able to play with my little girl and to take her to different places, just to let you know that on Sunday we spend the whole day on the beach, things that years back i would have only dream about.

i hope that one day we will hear about a cure for this condition so in the mean time we will continue to pray for a miracle

all the best to you all

ella

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.