It is over 3 weeks and my headache it just getting worse, plz help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having a sharp pain in the left side of my head for over 3 weeks 24/24. I can't sleep at

night and when I get badly tired I fall asleep and then after few hours it wakes me up again. I took

paracetamol and it didn't help at all and then ibuprofen 400mg it eases the pain a bit but I still feel it, and again it just takes 3 to 4 hours before the effect of ibuprofen wears out. In about a week now I

feel and hear clicking and popping sounds in my head and they make the pain worse. Also

sometimes when I lean forward, sneeze, cough, shewing or just walking the pain gets worse.

I just stepped out of the misery of having urticaria for over 4 months and now this is happening...

What can this be plz? It is making me desperate, and depressing me too bad sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

do you have a sinus problem?  Have you tried aspirin instead of the other pills?

richard

• Posted

Thanks a lot for replying Richard. The GP said I might have it but not 100% confirmed... As for aspirin I haven't tried yet, all I took are paracetamol and ibuprofen
  • Posted

I have been advised that aspirin in large doses over long periods could cause stomach irritation.   So go easy and see if it works short term.

Richard

• Posted

Thank you very much for your help, I will try that carefully, and hopefully it works. May God bless you
  • Posted

Hi. Have you found any answers for your headache yet? I ask bc I am suffering from a headache for 3 weeks on the right side of my head and face as well. with no answers. One doctor today my I have Neuralgia..with is ruptured nerve of sorts..or an irritated nerve in the brain. But for me to see a neurologist will take a couple of months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.