It just happened

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I was just doing some summer reading in my room and everything was symptoms free. my mother came into my room and told me to take a little break and to go outside with my brother. At that exact point I felt my body have a little anxious and sort of exciting feeling. So I completely ignored that feeling and I went outside to shoot some hoops. I picked up a basketball and bam I saw a floater, I felt tight jaw tension that spurred a headache then I felt my throat getting tight with my eyes throwing out different feels that I can't describe. I said to myself I went to the doctor literally just 4 days ago for this same feeling that is occurring in my throat. She examined my throat and said look your throat is completely normal. On top of that I went to the eye doctors about one week ago and she told me that my vision is actually a little better in my left eye. 3 weeks ago I went to the emergency room for completely different reasons and they told me nothing was wrong and they did blood work. I feel like every two weeks I cure a symptom and then a completely irrverant one comes up.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You have anxiety. do you even mention to the doctor you have anxiety? 
    • Posted

Yes she told me she recommends counseling but no meds because my mother is afraid of my being hooked on it and she doesn't want me to live my life on meds. The doctor even without my mothers opinion or say would not even presribe me because it's only have been happening for a month

• Posted

And are you in counseling? So they can teach you how to self calm yourself?
    • Posted

I honestly have no idea my mom says to give it some time and we will see how it is in a couple of weeks. I'm not totally convinced it's anxiety to be completely honest

• Posted

Hello Peter

You seem to be going around in circles with your conditions and I would feel some CBT may help with this neurosis.

I can understand if you are still young a teenager, and the reasons why medications are not been given and I also feel the doctors understanding you are proving that all tests performed are proving negative. So I do not know what to suggest other than a course of CBT.

Go back to your GP and find out if the CBT MIGHT BE a way forward

BOB

• Posted

Thank you for the recommendation, let me just ask you do you think anxiety produce these symptoms? I mean i don't know if anything else could be the reason why I am experiencing this

• Posted

Hello Peter 

Yes your indications match those for Anxiety, You need to explain and discuss your concerns with your GP

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Honey, you are describing classic anxiety symptoms. You need to address this with your doctor.
  • Posted

Hello Peter,

It does sound like a classic anxiety attack. It can strike at any point and manifest itself in all sorts of physical ways. The sensations are horrible and almost always feels like something serious is wrong!

The kicker is if you think your heart rate is high, you'll focus on it and subconsciously make it higher - this normal triggers the palpitations / panic

The mind is so powerful, even if your not aware your doing it.

Same with breathing, if you think your throat is closing, you panic and hyperventilate again triggering the panic sensation. Lightheaded, dizziness etc quickly follows. It's dreadful I know.

I personally wouldn't recommend meds. They cause more problems than they solve. Speaking from experience, especially AD's!

I would definitely recommend CBTeven if it's just online if you can't get an appointment straight away. Learn how to spot your triggers and ground yourself.

Best of luck, hope it improves!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.