It's 01.12 and here I am

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wide awake and feeling anxious. Started fluoxetine 4 weeks ago not feeling any benefit as yet. General anxiety most of time feel panicky every now and then. Busy day ahead which I don't feel I can cope with but can't leave everything to my husband. He cares but doesn't understand. Must try and go to bed again soon.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It takes about 3-4 months to start feeling better.  Mark your progress in months, not weeks.  It really does take a long, long time ..... but worth the wait.
    • Posted

Thank you for that. I know I need to be patient but it's not easy is it? 
    • Posted

No it's not easy to be patient ..... its the last thing we want when we want to be well know.  Suffering just one minute is unbearable.  I remember it well.

Remind yourself you're recovering from an illness.  Remember a broken leg would take weeks and weeks to heal, followed by yet more weeks to recover. xx

When you start feeling better, one thing to note is that recovery can come in patches, so you may start feeling good followed by feeling low again.  That's normal.  Over time the low times get less and eventually stop.

Keep persevering - you'll get there xxx

K

• Posted

Hi Sue, Kate is right - it does take months, rather than weeks, to feel the effects (the good ones, that is) of Fluoxetine.  I had my first uninterrupted, good night's sleep last night - on week 19. And remember what Kate has said here, you can have dips along the way, ie bad days, and it's easy to think negatively then - to think it'll always be like this and the good days are just blips!

I found that charting my progress by keeping a brief daily log helped.  You can glance through it after a few weeks and judge how you're progressing.

You're not alone Sue.

Anne x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.