It’s a slow process

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, hope your all having a great day 😊

I’ve been to physio at the hospital today and I’ve now reached 100 degree bend and -2 straight.  I’m over the moon with that as 4 weeks ago I was only at 87. I know we all recover differently but I have worked really hard to get this. I felt at times I wasn’t getting anywhere. I just wanted to reiterate that hard work, patience and perseverance is key, so to you people out there that think they are struggling, keep going. It is hard and frustrating at times but we will all get to the end of our journey in our own time. 

Be well 😊

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi wendie that’s great news 😀 how long post op are you?  I’m 4 weeks post op and stil have virtually no bend in my knee,  I can’t even get in a car yet so I’m stuck in.   What ever you’re doing keep it up 😀👍

• Posted

Hi Kerrie,

Although 4 weeks is not long you should be getting to bend by now. Have you been doing physio or exercises?

You need to.

Hope things get better,

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Al yes Im seeing a physio but the swelling is so severe it’s like trying to bend a sausage.  I’m doing exercises and resting icing and elevating it’s just a slow process.  I had my right knee replacement in October 2016 and could bend to 90 at this stage.  I’m just so bored stuck in looking at the same 4 walls.   People on here are so helpful 
    • Posted

Hi Kerrie,

I'm in a similar situation. This second one is slower, I can drive and swim almost everyday. But get pain too. The boredom and cabin fever is the real problem. Weather should improve soon so that should help. Where are you based.

• Posted

Hi Wendi, well done! You are so fit for your age n your recovery is superb. Take care🤗

• Posted

Hi Wendie, well done with all the hard work. Do you mind if I ask how much you could bend it before you had the op?

Dave

• Posted

Hi Wendy, that’s great! I am 5.5 weeks post op. My bend is great but really having trouble with straight. I guess all we can do is keep up with those exercises! I seem to be the opposite of most people with my  straight being  not as good as my bend. 
    • Posted

I'm the same as you. I'm 10 weeks post op. At physio 2 weeks ago I was at 115 bend but still at -10 extension. I feel it is getting wirse. So painful when I try and do the straighting exercises. I see physio tomorrow so see what she says.

• Posted

Hi Deb, Hi Mapsmada

We are all different In our recovery but I’ve learned a lot from being on here also. You definitely need to seek out some professional help via docter or physio even just to put your mind at rest.

Good luck with your recoveries 😊

• Posted

HI everyone

I’m 10 weeks p/o on Sunday Kerrie. I didn’t have much bend at 4 weeks but persisted with the exercises, meds, rest and ice. Are you due to see the doctor or the physio soon? 

Dave, I could bend up to my bottom just about but I was in a lot of pain so didn’t try it that often lol. How about yourself? Have you had the op? Or you waiting? 

Wendie 

• Posted

Nearly two years since first one Wendie. On  the waiting list for the other. Can only bend to about 85 deg unfortunately but it had been stuck at that for some years before. From my research and discussions with the surgeon that is the nub. Anything more than you had before the op should be seen as a bonus! No pain in normal use though except a bit after a long walk or long stand so can't complain.

• Posted

Good luck Dave for the next op. Keep us posted on how you get on 

😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.