It's always something

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well, I was feeling better lately. My nervousness about my heart completely went away following ER trip and followup appointment. After that I was worried about a stroke because of numb feelings in face, but those fears mostly went away a few days ago. Then this morning I was in the shower and rubbed my eye with a towel, like always, and felt some sharp pains. Like an eyelash got stuck in there. Now it hurts when I blink. For a normal person, they would flush out their eye with water and wait a day or two, and then go to an eye doctor if it doesn't stop. But for me, anything eye-related = panic mode. Now I'm flipping out thinking I'm going to lose or destroy my eye or something over this pain, which is probably a piece of dust or eyelash or something. Hands are shaking and I can feel a full-blown-attack coming on. It's always something with me...

I just hope whatever it is comes out soon. sad  

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey try and get some eye drops or something maybe just got a speck of Thailand there that is irritating it and got underneath the lid that might work

• Posted

You won't lose your eye. I promise. Just relax, maybe get some eyedrops and just lay down and calm down for a little bit. I hate those bad pains, you probably have a simple piece of dirt or something in it. Sounds weird But if you don't have eyedrops, try crying. I do that when ever I get something and it cleans it out. I'm also having a bad anxiety day, it sucks when one little thing sends you over the edge.

• Posted

Try not to rub your eyes but just take some eyedrops or some cold water and splash into the eye and it willl go away, get some help with your anxiety Nick, I know what you are gowing through and it will get better. 
  • Posted

You might have scratched it during the day. Or have a stye coming on. When you showered the water hurt. Do you have any eye wash or refresh plus around? It should heal up within a few days.i would get real nervous too if that's any consolation. Dont  wear contacts if you use then for a few days until the eye is all better.feel better.

• Posted

Thanks all for the replies. I ended up finally falling asleep last night....I've been having trouble sleeping and the whole eye thing made it worse. Anyway, I woke up and my eye is still bothering me, mostly when I blink or keep my eye closed. And so maybe something is in there still, like an eyelash or a piece of grit or something. Or I scratched it a little rubbing too hard. But I'm way less worried now. I'm not worried about dying from it or losing an eye like I was yesterday. I'm still really nervous about it, and like a million other things, but no more shakiness....I'm just trying to stay relaxed. Thanks for the advice friends. I'm sure you'll hear from me again if I start to freak out. The good news is that I'll be flying to see my family in about 10 days....haven't been home for months. I think I need this "vacation" for my mental health. Thanks again....love ya'll. 

Nicholas 

• Posted

Anxious Nick I know exactly what you are going through. It's bs total bs but embrace the anxiety helps me alot. First off if you google your symptoms stop! This makes it worse. When I say embrace it that's the last step. First thing you need to do is tell you self out loud I just have something in my eye that's all yes that's all! It's common and it's normal. You won't lose your eye. If this doesn't help simply lay down put some music on and let yourself feel the anxiety take over you'll feel like shut but try to sleep. You should feel better once you wake up. You could also take a nice warm bath. I hope this helps .

Stay strong and control your stress that's what triggers anxiety.

Jeremiah

• Posted

UPDATE: I just got back from doctor. He looked at my eye, which is still kinda bothering me. He even dyed my eye and looked at it under a bluelight. I have no scratches or abrasions, and he thinks maybe my eye pain is due to allergies. So he gave me some allergy medication. If it doesn't start to go away I'll go back to him for a referral to an eye doctor, since my GP can do normal eye exams but not like full-scale dilations. I'm just happy that I have no scratches or abrasions. Maybe this pain is like 40% allergy irritation and 60% my obsessive thinking and anxiety? Haha... Anyway, I'll update again if anything else happens! 

• Posted

Well try the allergy medication which can also help with anxiety because Diphenhydramine like most antihistamines have a calming effect on the body. Good luck and keep us updated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.