It's back...!

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hello all,

I used to have terrible anxiety when all this madness began. It seems like it is back after a long hiatus. Now I wake up feeling nervous, jittery with wobbly legs and heart palpitations. I am sleepy all day long and feel like I am coming down with a cold. Can any of you relate to this?

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, me too...it is soul crushing! Worse when I miss periods...mine is a week late if it is even coming. Been a wreck all week. To add insult to injury....Today, I have a canker sore on the side of my tongue. 

• Posted

You are not alone dear. I wake up like that a lot. My anxiety is through the roof at times, palpitations, wobbly legs, and so fatigued I feel like I can't go another step. I don't sleep good at night either. I feel more tired when I wake up than I was when I went to bed. It's a long hard road to travel, but eventually we will make it. This forum has really helped me knowing that I am not alone. I hope you get some relief soon and I hope the rest of us do too. Unless other people have the same experiences we do, it is hard for them to understand what we are going through. Stay strong. Hugs to you.

• Posted

Thanks Sherri, the fatigue is the worst. I just toss and turn all night. I wake up to go to the bathroom and then I get heat flashes. It's roufh

• Posted

Yes love, I can relate too and I've been on bhrt for a year. A local meno nurse told me that it's common for it to fluctuate but to give it a while and it will settle again. She was right in my case, it has settled but not as good as it was. I'm having acupuncture at the moment to try and regain a better balance xx

• Edited

My last period was over 3 years ago (I'm 56 now) but the anxiety hasn't gone. It started when my periods began being erratic about 46, and is up and down but doesn't go. Sometimes the only time I feel in control is when I'm at my computer, oddly enough. My house is a mess because I get anxious and panicky when I start doing things because I have so much to do and it overwhelms me, so I stop, and it gets even worse...a vicious circle. The only thing that helps is when I take co-codamol ( prescription strength, 2 x 30/500mg tablets) which I take for back/joint pain and for gallstones. I feel calmer and much better but I know the addiction risks so don't take as much as I could do. I'm usually ok when I'm out, it's at home it's worse. I haven't spoken to my GP because I don't want anti-anxiety meds, but I hope it passes over eventually. I used to cope with children and a full schedule, now I can't cope with much at all, everything is such a big deal. I stress over such stupid things...doing washing, having to make or attend healthcare appointments, even making dinner, just everything. Can anyone relate?

• Posted

Yes I definitely can relate. I still have young children at home. I had my kids late in life so I went into these symptoms right after I had my second child at age 39. I was having symptoms off and on after my first child at age 35. I am so tired all the time. I have to take them to and from school. They are age 9,soon to be 10 and age 5. I have to take two buses to the school and then the same two buses back home. Then it's the same two buses to pick them up and to go back home. That's eight bus rides a day. I am worn out!

• Posted

I remember having a very similar schedule and although it was exhausting I didn't get anxious or stressed. You are bound to be tired. I find that I get anxious about the most stupid things but once I have started them it's fine. Xmas was a prime example I stressed so much I got nothing done and ended up sorting out gift, wrapping and organising a dinner for 9 in 2 days flat. I'd had months to do it but the anxiety was overwhelming. Do you get anxious or is it more the tiredness,?

• Posted

It's mostly the tiredness because in addition to all the running around I do during the day, I don't get much sleep at night. Between the insomnia, night sweats and weird dreams, my kids sometimes wake up in the middle of the night too. So I am literally burning my candle at both ends. It's nothing short of a miracle that I haven't cracked up by now.

• Posted

Poor you, you are in a worse situation than I am. I occasionally have my grandchildren during the day if they're not well but usually if I haven't slept well I can catch up with a sleep during the day as my children are in their 20s/30s now, and only the younger one still at home with us. I'm lucky that I don't work but I think I'd really struggle with that, do you work at all?Do you have anyone else at home who could help at all, or is it just you ? At least your younger child is 5, so hopefully the sleeping should get better from now. If there's one closer to you, could you consider changing the children's school? I used to have to do the same as you after we moved house when my children were young...child 1 to school (2 buses), then return home with child 2. Child 2 to school nursery at lunchtime, then home. Collect both children, then home. For me it was 12 buses and I spent most of my day travelling. The stress was immense and I finally moved the older child to a school near our new house, and we could walk to school and only had to take the little one to nursery by bus, and that was only for 6 months until he started school. The difference was amazing and I was only sorry I hadn't done it sooner.

• Posted

feel for you its just how iv been feeling for a few months now to the point my anxiety is so bad iam on my 6th week off work just cant deal with the palpitations and the upmost feeling of dread and gloom all day and the disturbed sleep iam shattered so any help send it my way also ladies and goodluck to all of us theres got to be light at the end of this tunnel somewere hopefully!!! Big hugs to all of u xx

• Posted

It's odd that you mention palpitations...sometimes at night things go through my mind. I know what you mean about dread and gloom, and it's usually about what a mess the house is, money, facing losing my elderly parents, something dreadful happening to my children or grandchildren, that sort of thing, and I feel as though my heart is beating far too fast. You actually feel that your heart could stop. It really could drive you mad. Disturbed sleep? I was cleaning out my cleaning materials cupboard in the kitchen at 04.30 this morning...as one does! My other half thinks I've officially lost it !

• Posted

Hi

I too can relate and it is so reassuring to know I am not alone. I too wake up with heart racing, feeling frightened and I don't know why. That is on top of weak painful limbs that some days feel like lead weights, twitching and jerking. I hate this and wish I could just feel normal. I won't even get started about brain fog x

• Posted

brain fog!!! omg... isnt that awful... i can honestly say i have reached breaking point., the panic that comes over me out if the blue is just awful, starting to stop me wanting to go out or finding excuses all the time just yo stay close to home! pain everywhere, the dizzy floaty feeling is non stop! ferl sick, headaches/migraines! like i said before, the list just goes on and on, every day every night as hardly sleep, day after day, month after month, i cannot see an end to this absolute hell!

you ladies are my one relief!

xxxxx

• Posted

Living it now, also. I weaned my hrt down to every other day over the past 2 years and now BAM it is back, so I am back on the hrt every day! Hope it gets under control real soon. I am so annoyed with myself for trying to wean off. I will die with hrt in my mouth, this is horrible for all of us who suffer needlessly.

• Posted

cant take hrt, so i live this nightmare, every minute of every day! i have lost the lady i once was... xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.