It's back

Posted , 7 users are following.

have been doing well past few weeks then I got up Tuesday and the tight band is back again I am 11 weeks post op 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Im having right problems at 14 weeks with the tight band im starting physio next wed!!!! My GP said its scar tissue????
    • Posted

Thought it had gone hasn't been there for about 4 weeks then back it comes😟 x
  • Posted

Your not along, I'm almost 12wks post TKR and 2wks post manipulation and still have the tightness and swelling hasn't got keep icing it and do Pyhsio but they say it's bad scar tissues that we need to break down so lots of massaging and icing..

That's what they tell me plus my exercising no easy way.. Bend is only 62deg so still a way to go..

Your not alone Sharon keep doing what they tell you and you'll get there, there is no magical date unfortunately it's a long process..

• Posted

This is a long term problem and you may have it for months. Just keep up with PT and eventually it will ease and get better. During one of my rehabs it went away rather early then came back and lasted another 6 months. I excercised, walked, did yard work and nothing made it better or worse then just as suddenly it was gone.........for about a month. Then it came back for a short time and dissappeared again. I currently have it to a slight degree after having the prosthesis removed 3 1/2 months ago and fully expect it to reappear when the new j ardware is installed next week.
    • Posted

I am carrying on with pt it's just so annoying haven't had it for about 4 weeks then bang back it came supposed to be going back to work in 2 weeks hope all goes well with you next week keep us posted glad you was able to see you sons wedding x
    • Posted

Hi, I just want to wish you well for your op next week, I have only been on this forum for four weeks and you have been there for me along with some other members, so just wanted to say to you, take care and I really do hope things go well for you, and remember we are here for you to

gill😊

• Posted

I'm 14 weeks po and this band does come and go depending on what I did the day before...if well I tend to do too much and then it gets me again but knowing how to regulate is a little difficult.  I do massage the under side of the calf, knee and thigh as my physio showed me.  This helps.
  • Posted

I'm 12 weeks post op for new plastic knee cap and metal trochlea and am sure this is what is causing me all my problems. Some days it feels easier and "looser" than others, but it's so annoying to feel it's gradually getting better and then it returns and seems twice as bad. I dont know whether it's scar tissues or muscle that is stuck.....something seems to be.  I can fully straighten leg and have 108° bend, so must be doing something right. i just wish it would start and feel like my own, and not this heavy, tight lump in the middle of my leg that I seem to be dragging around. I know they say to use ice, but does anyone out there use a hot water bottle to try and alleviate the stiffness?
    • Posted

I use heat after icing.  My physio said it was OK to do it.  I use a lavendar bag heated in the microwave for 2mins.....  Use it on and off until the bag goes cold....could be over 2 hours and I do feel the benefit.
  • Posted

Must be some sort of healing pattern going on I think.My tight band eased off at around 7 weeks, then suddenly at 11 week it has returned, I too am at a loss, everything else seems to be progressing steadily so this new development has really thrown me too, I shall follow this thread with great interest, best wishes
  • Posted

Hi Sharon

i asked my doc about this last week and he said it was a case of the muscles contracting and when you do so much it plays up the muscles more, so it seems that whatever week you are at with post op if you do too much this is when it will play up more, but seeing him next week and will try and delve more into asking about this. Take care Gill x

• Posted

I did quite a bit of walking on Monday perhaps that's what started it you will have to let me know what your doc says next week x
    • Posted

Hi Sharon

having the surgery done in Saudi Arabia I was a bit apprehensive to say the least, but the doctor who operated ( Spanish doctor who worked for bupa in UK) on me has been marvellous to say the least.

he is coming to lunch on Friday so will ask him then and let you know.

take care, gill😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.